2023-24 ISU WBB Season Thread

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I like/agree w Brent & Chris’s general comments about having both girls/boys tournaments at same time just with a staggered starting day. There are two arenas in close proximity that would allow this to happen.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Well, municipal was a good facility to play games in the shortage of locker rooms was a real issue. And just like when Kim was at Baylor, and complained about the quality of the stadium and wanted it moved to Dallas where they could play in a pro stadium. We know how that worked out and the whole situation sucked.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
I thought I saw on ESPN+ at the end of the Baylor / OSU game it would be Houston aganst Cincy, not TT. I would sure like another shot at TT.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I like/agree w Brent & Chris’s general comments about having both girls/boys tournaments at same time just with a staggered starting day. There are two arenas in close proximity that would allow this to happen.

That ship has sailed.

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
I know we needed to add them at the time, but BYU not playing on sundays is going to be very annoying for tournaments. It basically makes the whole thing into a week long affair.

I loved going to the tournament last year and catching all the games, but I’m really not looking to be in KC for 6 days. So I’ll probably never see the whole tournament again as long as it is in this format.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
It's sailed for now, but it can be revisited. Moving the women's games to t-mobile means playing in a empty gym for most these teams. On the same week the ladies could at least pick up crossover fans.

If the primary motivation for leaving Municipal was what the facility had to offer the teams (a somewhat specious argument), then the ship has sailed unless/until someone pours a bunch of money into the building to rectify whatever those issues have been claimed to be.

And like I said before, optics and politics play a big role in this.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
If the primary motivation for leaving Municipal was what the facility had to offer the teams (a somewhat specious argument), then the ship has sailed unless/until someone pours a bunch of money into the building to rectify whatever those issues have been claimed to be.

And like I said before, optics and politics play a big role in this.
They played a role in moving the women to Dallas…a Mulkey project…failed miserably as the teams got to hear echos of the ball dribbling it was so empty. I won’t be surprised to see the same outside of Saturday.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
New polls came out. We got our first vote, one, of the season. Have a good tournament and we could get some more. Usually the Big 12 tourney hasn't impacted things much, being just prior to the committee announcement, but maybe being a week out now changes that some. Could maybe work that a little.

Notables:

#3 Iowa +3
#6 Texas -3
#16 Kansas State -1
#17 Baylor +4
#19 Oklahoma +1 (no respect for the title winner)

Kansas also got a single vote which seems sort of dumb to me.

Reactions: CyberJJJ

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
New polls came out. We got our first vote, one, of the season. Have a good tournament and we could get some more. Usually the Big 12 tourney hasn't impacted things much, being just prior to the committee announcement, but maybe being a week out now changes that some. Could maybe work that a little.

Notables:

#3 Iowa +3
#6 Texas -3
#16 Kansas State -1
#17 Baylor +4
#19 Oklahoma +1 (no respect for the title winner)

Kansas also got a single vote which seems sort of dumb to me.
We were ranked in the AP poll in week # 11 (Jan 15, 2024). They also received 18 votes in the preseason poll.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Last year on the Monday following the final regular season games, the Big 12 announced their end-of-season awards at 5PM. That would have been yesterday. I wonder why they haven't been announced yet.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron