NFL: 2023 Fantasy Football

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Kittle has been my worst draft pick. Too good to not start, but has done almost nothing. I went heavy into QB/RB and then took him as my tight end fairly early. My WR corp ended up being a weakness, but the way the draft fell, it just made more sense to do the above.

Kittle may not be my worst pick as I have some other guys in the running for that too but he's right up there in the conversation. I thought he'd be a top 3 TE as much as Purdy loved to target him late last year and for some reason even with him healthy right now he's not seeing the volume of targets he was when Purdy took over. If you want to talk about bad picks I have several right now that I thought were fairly safe that have been frustrating as hell so far.

1st round was my keeper pick Ekeler but if he has a healthy stretch going forward can't really regret this pick as had I not kept him likely would have got a last 1st to early 2nd round type of player at the #6 pick

Tee Higgins in the 3rd round has only had 1 good game then 4 or less points all other weeks
Debo Samuel in the 4th round has had 2 big games then pretty pedestrian otherwise and now he's hurt
Kittle in the 5th round
Jury is still out on my Burrow pick in the 6th round, drafting Purdy in the 13th round as insurance has been my saving grace here
Cam Akers in the 7th round, I should have known better...
All my picks rounds 9-13 I've already dropped

I've at least been able to grab Puka Nacua and Jerome Ford off waivers to patch some holes but at a point I may need to try to see if I can find a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 kind of trade with Ekeler or AJ Brown to add some better talent to my roster as I'm going to fall to 2-4 after the whuppin I got this week. My stacks of Burrow/Higgins and Purdy/Debo/Kittle have not paid off other than a big week last week with the 49ers stack.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Kittle may not be my worst pick as I have some other guys in the running for that too but he's right up there in the conversation. I thought he'd be a top 3 TE as much as Purdy loved to target him late last year and for some reason even with him healthy right now he's not seeing the volume of targets he was when Purdy took over. If you want to talk about bad picks I have several right now that I thought were fairly safe that have been frustrating as hell so far.

1st round was my keeper pick Ekeler but if he has a healthy stretch going forward can't really regret this pick as had I not kept him likely would have got a last 1st to early 2nd round type of player at the #6 pick

Tee Higgins in the 3rd round has only had 1 good game then 4 or less points all other weeks
Debo Samuel in the 4th round has had 2 big games then pretty pedestrian otherwise and now he's hurt
Kittle in the 5th round
Jury is still out on my Burrow pick in the 6th round, drafting Purdy in the 13th round as insurance has been my saving grace here
Cam Akers in the 7th round, I should have known better...
All my picks rounds 9-13 I've already dropped

I've at least been able to grab Puka Nacua and Jerome Ford off waivers to patch some holes but at a point I may need to try to see if I can find a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 kind of trade with Ekeler or AJ Brown to add some better talent to my roster as I'm going to fall to 2-4 after the whuppin I got this week. My stacks of Burrow/Higgins and Purdy/Debo/Kittle have not paid off other than a big week last week with the 49ers stack.

Kittle's biggest strength is his biggest weakness in fantasy. He's a great and willing blocker so he doesn't run as many routes. Add to that when he runs routes he's competing with Deebo, Aiyuk, and McCaffery for touches

Reactions: tyler24

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Lol, Spears had 7.3ppr points. Cmon man, he's not the reason you won your game.
I guess you have your strategy to win games (hope "stud" players don't get injured) and I have mine (matchups/ point differentials). Good luck to you the rest of the season.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Why are you guys rostering 2 Qbs? You have QB2 going against the Bears vs QB19. Dak shouldn't even be rostered in a 1 QB league right now.
Maybe ask the person what kind of league they're in instead of assuming it's redraft? Ever think of that?

PS - my league is dynasty so I have 2 QBs.

Your answer just goes to show we don't know sh*t about sh*t. I started Cousins and right now that's looking like it won't work out. Fantasy is and can be a crap shoot when it comes to injuries and matchups, but given the injuries to my RBs, there's no way I'm winning this week. I had gibbs out, ajones on bye, sanders out, conner on IR. I had to start Gainwell, LMurray and a TE that got me a goose egg in the flex. My team went from sitting in 1st place at 2-0 to now about to be 2-4. That's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Reactions: CYdTracked

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I'm curious why it isn't a skill to not draft players who have an injury history and/or handcuffs to those types of players? I get it - you're salty balls because your team "should be dominant". But I have ZERO sympathy for those who took Chubb as high as they did, sure the injury was "a fluke" - but if you couldn't see a back with as much usage as he has had being a risk, that's on you. Him, Mike Williams, and Henry were all on my "undraftable" list. But I guess that didn't take any skill to forsee :rolleyes:
Trends say choose a WR over RB for the first round or two. The injury bug is killing the RBs yet again this year. The hero or no rb strategy likely wins out in the long run.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
You don't think it's a problem? Yesterday we lost Fields, Montgoemry, CMC, and Jimmy G just off the top of my head.

So we already have Dobbins, Aaron Rodgers, Chubb, Diggs, White, Mike Williams all gone for the year already.

We have Jefferson, Achane, Connor, Dionte Johnson, Cooper Kupp on IR.

And we have Barkely and Ekeler already missing a month. We have Jonathan Taylor miss 4 games. Burrow played on 1 leg for a month.

It's completely out of control. I guess if you like watching a bunch of backups you're probably loving it right now.
I thought you paid attention to fantasy?? Currently, didn't Barkley and Kupp play yesterday? So no, they're not on the IR anymore. Have and had are two different meanings.

But, I do agree something is a bit off in the NFL. Why so many injuries to hamstrings? ACL's? Achillis? Yeah, the turn argument is a big one. Also, there has to be something to strength and conditioning coaches and the way practices are implemented. Too many stars continuously go down every year.

I guess I wrote back.

Reactions: NoCreativity

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Trends say choose a WR over RB for the first round or two. The injury bug is killing the RBs yet again this year. The hero or no rb strategy likely wins out in the long run.
Yeah, I've only been playing fantasy for a couple of years but I'm starting to figure out that having a stable full of great running backs can lead to fleeting success but its probably not going to last. Last week I started Achane, Montgomery, and flexed Hall. Those guys all had great games and I scored 180 points that week in a .5PPR league, the single best week anyone has had by a mile. Now 2 of those 3 are hurt.

• Agree
Reactions: 4theCYcle

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'm just snakebit this season. Out of our 12-team league I have the third highest 'points for' total, but am sitting at 2-4 and probably 8th place as of tomorrow. I have the league's highest 'points against' total and every team I play goes off the week I play them. Every week there are at least 4-5 teams that lay a turd and score 80-90 points, I haven't caught one of them yet. The lowest points against I've faced is 118. Irritating.

• Friendly
Reactions: frackincygy

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Currently, didn't Barkley and Kupp play yesterday?
Yes, but it's week 6, im a keeper league and the teams that had Barkely and Kupp are at the bottom of the standings.

And no I don't have a pompous attitude about anything. I'm simply applying my 20 years of playing fantasy football to come to a conclusion injuries are getting worse every year.

Alot of you guys on here don't seem to think it's a big deal and are fine with a completely different team than what you just prepped for all summer 5 weeks into the year.

I'm simply stating my educated opinion that it's having a huge effect on the industry as a whole and makes the games more luck than skill and making the right moves.

Me and another guy in the league are both Diamond status on Yahoo and have the two highest winning %s all time in the league and we are completely non- competitive all of a sudden due to injuries.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Depending on how your scoring is done here are the top RBs so far this year. ( ) what round they were drafted in my 10 team league

CMC (1)
Mostert (undrafted)
Etinenne (3)
Kyren Williams (undrafted)
Zach Moss (undrafted)
Achane (13)
Swift (7)
Bijan Robinson (1)
Kenneth Walker (6)
D Henry (3)
J Jacobs (2)
Pacheco (9)
Montgomery (8)
Brian Robinson (9)
B Hall (5)
T Pollard (2)

Just 6 of the top 16 guys tops for RB points right now were drafted round 1-3 while guys like Chubb, Ekeler, Barkley, Mixon, and Stevenson were all taken in those rounds and N Harris was 1st RB pick for the 4th round are missing from that list. That's not to say some of those guys if healthy won't be guys that are difference makers later in the year but how many top end WR did guys that drafted those guys miss out on by using a 1-3 pick on them when they could have grabbed some guys in rounds 4-8 that could be comparatively productive.

Full disclosure on my draft, I kept Ekeler as my keeper that cost me my 1st round pick at #6 but I felt that was good value instead of using a 2nd rounder on Pollard or Garret Wilson as a keeper. I used my next 3 picks all on WR in AJ Brown, Higgins, and Debo and 2 of the 3 have not panned out so far. Then used my 5th rounder on Kittle who I though would be at least a top 5 TE and he's been very disappointing and TE #8 currently Used picks in rounds 7 8 and 10 on RB and 2 of those 3 I've already cut with R White in the 8th being a decent pick so far.

I dunno what the best strategy is anymore. I've done the load up on 2 stud RB early before and been burned and tried to load up on WR early lately and seem to be great at picking guys that can't replicate the season they had the year before. I still think loading up on WR early and finding value at RB in the middle of the draft is the way to go if its a straight up re-draft league and not a keeper or dynasty format.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I still think loading up on WR early and finding value at RB in the middle of the draft is the way to go if its a straight up re-draft league
This has been my approach the past few seasons. I've seen multiple "experts" talk about loading up on RBs early with the rationale that there are few good ones and WRs can be found later. I'd rather get a few receivers I know will perform each week, so I'm not guessing on match ups constantly and then try to locate an unknown running back that shows some production early in the season. If I don't get a CMC or Eckler early, I'd rather draft a couple top 25 receivers before I bother with hit and miss running backs.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Depending on how your scoring is done here are the top RBs so far this year. ( ) what round they were drafted in my 10 team league

CMC (1)
Mostert (undrafted)
Etinenne (3)
Kyren Williams (undrafted)
Zach Moss (undrafted)
Achane (13)
Swift (7)
Bijan Robinson (1)
Kenneth Walker (6)
D Henry (3)
J Jacobs (2)
Pacheco (9)
Montgomery (8)
Brian Robinson (9)
B Hall (5)
T Pollard (2)

Just 6 of the top 16 guys tops for RB points right now were drafted round 1-3 while guys like Chubb, Ekeler, Barkley, Mixon, and Stevenson were all taken in those rounds and N Harris was 1st RB pick for the 4th round are missing from that list. That's not to say some of those guys if healthy won't be guys that are difference makers later in the year but how many top end WR did guys that drafted those guys miss out on by using a 1-3 pick on them when they could have grabbed some guys in rounds 4-8 that could be comparatively productive.

Full disclosure on my draft, I kept Ekeler as my keeper that cost me my 1st round pick at #6 but I felt that was good value instead of using a 2nd rounder on Pollard or Garret Wilson as a keeper. I used my next 3 picks all on WR in AJ Brown, Higgins, and Debo and 2 of the 3 have not panned out so far. Then used my 5th rounder on Kittle who I though would be at least a top 5 TE and he's been very disappointing and TE #8 currently Used picks in rounds 7 8 and 10 on RB and 2 of those 3 I've already cut with R White in the 8th being a decent pick so far.

I dunno what the best strategy is anymore. I've done the load up on 2 stud RB early before and been burned and tried to load up on WR early lately and seem to be great at picking guys that can't replicate the season they had the year before. I still think loading up on WR early and finding value at RB in the middle of the draft is the way to go if its a straight up re-draft league and not a keeper or dynasty format.

Mostert went undrafted and Achane was drafted? That's interesting. I'm a Dolphins fan and I don't remember a moment in the preseason where Mostert wasn't going to get the most touches.

I tend to go safe in rounds 1-2 and then fill out the team from there. Just so hard to recover if you completely miss on those picks. That generally means no rookies, no injury concerns, no players on new teams (unless that team is a very clear offensive improvement). I also tend to shy away from guys coming off unusually great years.

I do try and grab one RB in the first two rounds but that depends on where I'm drafting.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Let's be real... significant injuries to key players occur every single year. That's why having good depth and watching the waivers are critical. And it really sucks when you have Montgomery and Samuel starting, both get injured fairly early in the game, and ended up losing the week by one point. But hey... that happens. My team isn't immune to it, just like all other teams are not immune to it.

• Agree

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Mostert went undrafted and Achane was drafted? That's interesting. I'm a Dolphins fan and I don't remember a moment in the preseason where Mostert wasn't going to get the most touches.

I tend to go safe in rounds 1-2 and then fill out the team from there. Just so hard to recover if you completely miss on those picks. That generally means no rookies, no injury concerns, no players on new teams (unless that team is a very clear offensive improvement). I also tend to shy away from guys coming off unusually great years.

I do try and grab one RB in the first two rounds but that depends on where I'm drafting.

I'd have to go back and look closer to make sure I didn't miss him but I am pretty sure Mostert was not drafted. If he was it was somewhere late

jbclone10

Apr 11, 2008
Denver, CO
I'm just snakebit this season. Out of our 12-team league I have the third highest 'points for' total, but am sitting at 2-4 and probably 8th place as of tomorrow. I have the league's highest 'points against' total and every team I play goes off the week I play them. Every week there are at least 4-5 teams that lay a turd and score 80-90 points, I haven't caught one of them yet. The lowest points against I've faced is 118. Irritating.

I am thinking about changing scoring of the league I manage to a double point system per week. 1 point for a win that week and 1 point if your points for are in the top half of the league that week. Had a buddy do that in their league and it went over well. Eliminates some of the randomness of FF but it also partially removes the sting of losing your game but having the second highest score across the league.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Start with Walker and Davante separately and hope you can turn them into 4 decent players. Only thing I can really see right now.
Kittle has been my worst draft pick. Too good to not start, but has done almost nothing. I went heavy into QB/RB and then took him as my tight end fairly early. My WR corp ended up being a weakness, but the way the draft fell, it just made more sense to do the above.

I'm fishing around for some offers for now... Redraft 1QB 0.5ppr double flex.

Talking to a guy to see if he would take Walker and give me Kamara and J. Ford. Ford is on his bench. His other RB is Swift. Kamara/Ford would both start for me.

Chatted another guy up who said earlier on he was interested in Kittle to see if he would take Adams and Kittle for Kupp. Doubtful.

Someone offered me R. White and Mixon for Walker. Not thrilled about that one.

Also have 4 waiver claims out... Zach Evans, Craig Reynolds, Jordan Mason, Jonnu Smith in that order. Certainly not expecting to get all.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I'm fishing around for some offers for now... Redraft 1QB 0.5ppr double flex.

Talking to a guy to see if he would take Walker and give me Kamara and J. Ford. Ford is on his bench. His other RB is Swift. Kamara/Ford would both start for me.

Chatted another guy up who said earlier on he was interested in Kittle to see if he would take Adams and Kittle for Kupp. Doubtful.

Someone offered me R. White and Mixon for Walker. Not thrilled about that one.

Also have 4 waiver claims out... Zach Evans, Craig Reynolds, Jordan Mason, Jonnu Smith in that order. Certainly not expecting to get all.
First hit: got a counter back of Walker + Josh Palmer to receive Kamara and Ford. That seems like a net gain to me.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
First hit: got a counter back of Walker + Josh Palmer to receive Kamara and Ford. That seems like a net gain to me.
Sounds fair to me. There is no way you are getting Kupp for Adams and Kittle. As a Kittle owner myself just hoping he gets on a hot streak as he's been worse than most TE on waivers 4 of the 6 weeks so far. Adams is a little banged up right now and will have Hoyer throwing to him for now too. White and Mixon for Walker isn't terrible but I see why you would be hesitant on that.

I'm now 9th out of 10 in my league at 2-4 and need to start considering making some offers to shake up my roster if I have any shot of digging out of the hole I am in. I'm next to last in points and 4th most points scored against so a bad combo with my matchups. AJ Brown and Ekeler probably are probably the 2 most desirable pieces if I want to make a big move but just not sure what I am going to seek out in return. It's a keeper league and I used my keeper on Ekeler so I can't use it again next year per our rules. Wouldn't mind trading either of my QB too but maybe only 1 or 2 teams would likely see them as an upgrade.

QB: Burrow, Purdy
WR: AJ Brown, Higgins, Debo, Nacua, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson
RB: Ekeler, R White, Ford, McLaughlin
TE: Kittle, Schultz
Maher and New Orleans are my K and Def

Reactions: MeowingCows

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I said the hell with it and accepted this one. Now trying to see if there's any return available at all for Adams out there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron