NFL: 2023 Fantasy Football

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I don't think you can go wrong either way, but Hurts has played some much better defenses those last 6 games also and is still producing.

The experts think the 49ers game could be a shootout so if Brock has been getting you wins than just ride the hot hand. He hasn't faced a defense like Baltimore for awhile now though.
My assessment earlier of "hard to trust" might've been too harsh, really. It's more like a "expect Brock to score 15-20 instead of 25-30" thing IMO. Compared to Hurts, on matchup alone, I think Hurts has a better boom opportunity overall... But you know Brock will boom in the event that his game does turn into a shootout. He always gets his share.

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Sorry to anyone who took my advice to play Purdy over Hurts this week...
I actually had both for awhile, picked up Brock for Hurts' bye week and then traded him. I just don't know how I would have justified benching Hurts for anyone, especially this week given the mathcups.

Brock is pretty much a passer with a bad matchup today. Hurts is passer, rusher, and goal-line back with an elite matchup.

My rule in fantasy is when I have an elite QB I only roster 1 QB, im not interested in having a QB controversy.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Made it to the Semi-finals and ran up against one of those teams who averaged about 20 points per player including Younghoe Koo who he literally stuck in there along with Ezekiel Elliott Sunday morning.

In the other semi-final guy lost 144.6-144.7 on that 1 yard rush by McCaffrey on his last rush of the game.

• Wow
Reactions: Cyclonepride

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I got pissed this week at Breece and benched him for Rice. Whoops.

Still won though, headed to the dynasty 'ship. At worst, repeating my last season finish of second. My other 'ship chance got blown out by Cooper.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Going into the championship in my money league. The guy I’m playing hasn’t set a lineup all season, and made it into the playoffs in the last spot. He has Hurts, Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, R.White, Saquan Barkley, 49ers, David Njoku, and J. Myers. Luckily for me Cooper went off this past week so I expect a dud from him.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Lost both. Stupid Chiefs and Vikings….. oh well on to next year.
Won my 3rd place game by 1.2 points on Jeffersons last catch in garbage time. I would have beaten both guys on the opposite side of the bracket last week and had highest score this week.

Frustrating to get that far then run into a team that putup 200 last week but that's fantasy football.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Lost one of my Super Bowls by 5 points, thanks to the Vikings giving up four TDs to Jordan Love. But won my other league’s Super Bowl by 10 points thanks to Harrison Butker’s incredible 24 point performance! Now, in my third league, not much to talk about in my disappointing 8th place finish! Another fun year of fantasy football, loved that it gave me something else to enjoy while enduring the Vikings crappy season!

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Won my former neighbors league in a blowout victory. First time I’ve won his league in 7 years. I’ve finished first, second, or third is this league 8 out of 11 years. The top three finish in the money.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We have a two week championship and I’m up by 40 after week one despite McCaffery going out early.

My main problem is that he is the heart of my team and I have Deebo and Kittle too. 49ers clinching the #1 seed kind of screwed my final week, so I’m going to have to scramble.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Probably the worst year I've had in the 1 league I still play in. Finished 7-7 and lost all 3 weeks of playoff rounds (we do consolation matchups for final placing) to finish 8th out of 10 despite having the 3rd highest overall point total. Can thank my bad draft for it. Looking back on how that turned out:

1. (6) Austin Ekeler (LAC - RB) *keeper BUST finished RB25 on the year
2. (15) A.J. Brown (Phi - WR) WR4
3. (26) Tee Higgins (Cin - WR) bust did not finish in top 25 of WR
4. (35) Deebo Samuel (SF - WR) WR14
5. (46) George Kittle (SF - TE) TE 5
6. (55) Joe Burrow (Cin - QB) bust and was hurt most of the season
7. (66) Cam Akers (LAR - RB) BUST
8. (75) Rachaad White (TB - RB) RB6 was probably one of my best picks
9. (86) Jahan Dotson (Was - WR) BUST
10. (95) Rashaad Penny (Phi - RB) BUST
11. (106) Skyy Moore (KC - WR) BUST
12. (115) JuJu Smith-Schuster (NE - WR) BUST
13. (126) Odell Beckham Jr. (Bal - WR) BUST
14. (135) Brock Purdy (SF - QB) QB6 and was my saving grace for not having Burrow
15. (146) New York (NYG - DEF) - streamed New Orleans and Jacksonville most of the year
16. (155) Cameron Dicker (LAC - K) - streamed at times but had Hopkins most of the year who was K6 on the year

So out of 16 picks just Brown, Debo, Kittle, White, and Purdy panned out for me. Definitely got dupped thinking that WR picks in rounds 9-13 were going to pan out because going into the season it looked like they all would get a healthy share of targets and especially though Dotson and Moore were going to take on expanded roles. Luckily patched some spots off waivers with Nacua WR5 and Ford RB14 but in the end disappointed with how poor I drafted.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron