NFL: 2023 Fantasy Football

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I need AJ Brown to go for 17 points or more tonight else I get eliminated. Thought I caught a break when my opponent didn't have Tyreek Hill this week but he had some guys do far more than their projections such as Chandler, Godwin, and Likely.

I played the same team last week and beat them pretty handedly but I also had the highest scoring week I've had all year. If Hurts is out tonight the guy looking to upset #1 probably going to need a great game from Mariotta and my ceiling on Brown is probably much lower too.

Been riding the 49er's hot streak lately with owning Purdy, Deebo, and Kittle. I got Brock in round 14 as insurance for a then (and I guess now too) injured Burrow before I drafted a defense and kicker with my last 2 picks and has by far been my best pick this season with many of my other picks being busts this season.

Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I need AJ Brown to go for 17 points or more tonight else I get eliminated. Thought I caught a break when my opponent didn't have Tyreek Hill this week but he had some guys do far more than their projections such as Chandler, Godwin, and Likely.

I played the same team last week and beat them pretty handedly but I also had the highest scoring week I've had all year. If Hurts is out tonight the guy looking to upset #1 probably going to need a great game from Mariotta and my ceiling on Brown is probably much lower too.

Been riding the 49er's hot streak lately with owning Purdy, Deebo, and Kittle. I got Brock in round 14 as insurance for a then (and I guess now too) injured Burrow before I drafted a defense and kicker with my last 2 picks and has by far been my best pick this season with many of my other picks being busts this season.
My opponent had Hill also so I thought I had a huge advantage. I'm down 8 and have Hurts so I'm hoping he plays. I picked up Mariota in case he's out but I'm not feeling confident either way.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Hurts affected at least 2 matchups in our league. The 8 seed was going to beat the1 seed before he threw that INT at the end of the game. I have Brown and just needed a TD to him to win my matchup and wound up losing by a little under 6 points. 3 of our 4 playoff matches were decided by a slim margin and all 4 top seeds won in the 1st round which has never happened in our league.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
If anyone was wondering, my **** team is still ****, but I did finally squeak out a win last week.

My dynasty contender is in danger of losing to a tanker currently
My **** team, after even more moves, ended up dodging byes in the toilet bowl and won this week to be eliminated from punishment contention. Call it a success story.

My dynasty team, which I took over as a last place finish 2 years ago and overhauled some quickly, finished 2nd last season and is currently the 1st seed this season with a bye last week. One win away from more money.

My other two leagues, one I missed playoffs narrowly and the other I'm the 2 seed in a semi this weekend. One win away from money there as well.

Not too shabby so far, but a lot riding this weekend.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Got in as the 6 seed in both my leagues, and won both quarterfinal matchups this past weekend (one of which by less than 2 pts). Got lucky and both my opponents started Josh Jacobs who didn't end up playing.

Up against the cream of the crop this week, so gonna need a couple miracles. They both blow me away on paper, but we all know fantasy can be a crapshoot!

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I made it to the semi-finals this week. I've had 6 different starters on IR at some point this year....Mike Williams, Jefferson, Palmer, Stevenson, Connor, and Achane.

Somehow I managed the 3 seed still and am finally healthy for the playoffs.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Brock has a tough matchup this week.

He does but check out the weeks since his week 9 bye. This is my Yahoo league scoring:

29.84 vs Jax
32.72 vs TB
11.46 vs Sea
37.46 vs Phi
24.42 vs Sea
33.68 vs Ari

28.26 average

Now for Hurts, he had a week 10 bye so I will use week 9 for the 6th game

29.88 vs Dal
17.90 vs KC
39.50 vs Buf
25.92 vs SF
8.88 vs Dal
19.92 vs Sea

23.67 average

Yes Hurts has the better matchup but I don't like how he's been trending lately either. I guess my opinion is you go with the guys that got you to the playoffs regardless of the matchup so if that has been Hurts then by all means play him but the 49ers right now just pass the eye test as a team that is firing on all cylinders where the Eagles are a bit of a mess at the moment. Hurts has a higher projection this week but Purdy has beat his projection 9 of 14 weeks and Hurts has beat his 8 times but Hurts usually his the higher projections most weeks too.

Neither are a bad choice this week, go with your gut I guess. To me I look at the last few weeks and Purdy has been the better play and his team is playing well right now while Hurts has had some bad games and his team is struggling.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
He does but check out the weeks since his week 9 bye. This is my Yahoo league scoring:

29.84 vs Jax
32.72 vs TB
11.46 vs Sea
37.46 vs Phi
24.42 vs Sea
33.68 vs Ari

28.26 average

Now for Hurts, he had a week 10 bye so I will use week 9 for the 6th game

29.88 vs Dal
17.90 vs KC
39.50 vs Buf
25.92 vs SF
8.88 vs Dal
19.92 vs Sea

23.67 average

Yes Hurts has the better matchup but I don't like how he's been trending lately either. I guess my opinion is you go with the guys that got you to the playoffs regardless of the matchup so if that has been Hurts then by all means play him but the 49ers right now just pass the eye test as a team that is firing on all cylinders where the Eagles are a bit of a mess at the moment. Hurts has a higher projection this week but Purdy has beat his projection 9 of 14 weeks and Hurts has beat his 8 times but Hurts usually his the higher projections most weeks too.

Neither are a bad choice this week, go with your gut I guess. To me I look at the last few weeks and Purdy has been the better play and his team is playing well right now while Hurts has had some bad games and his team is struggling.
I don't think you can go wrong either way, but Hurts has played some much better defenses those last 6 games also and is still producing.

The experts think the 49ers game could be a shootout so if Brock has been getting you wins than just ride the hot hand. He hasn't faced a defense like Baltimore for awhile now though.