Status
Not open for further replies.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I am using Safari and whenever I quote/reply to post, the screen turns white instead of taking me back to the thread with my post in it. I then have to refresh the page, which brings me to the first post in the thread that I just posted in and not to my post at the end.

This only happens when quoting or clicking reply and not just posting a fresh post using the text box at the bottom of the thread.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I am using Safari and whenever I quote/reply to post, the screen turns white instead of taking me back to the thread with my post in it. I then have to refresh the page, which brings me to the first post in the thread that I just posted in and not to my post at the end.

This only happens when quoting or clicking reply and not just posting a fresh post using the text box at the bottom of the thread.

Same thing just happened with me, using Firefox and desktop computer.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Also clicking on your avatar in the upper right corner should take you directly to Alerts instead of My Profile. The default page should be something you access frequently, which would be Alerts. How often are you going to change things like your gender, birthday preferences, or favorite teams?

IIRC the answer was they will be coming back semi-soon, however all groups will have to be recreated and members re-added. The reasoning behind this was the feature was severely outdated/unsupported on VB.

Makes sense. Thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Works for me in recent posts

Agree, the "thread preview" on the front page seems like it is working now.

The thread page-number shortcuts still seem to be limited to thread pages only...not first page for me. However can click on most recent post.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Small thing, but maybe an easy fix.

Using laptop. Firefox. Assuming that doesn't matter, but including for reference.

The little icon in the upper right that you click on (and the "TEAMS" thing) should be moved into the fixed upper banner. As it is now you have to scroll all the way to the top to notice if you have any alerts. If you are able to move it into the permanent banner that stays fixed when you scroll, then a person would see if they have alerts without having to scroll to the top.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
From the main landing page, if I want to go to a specific forum (say, football) I have to click on "Forums" at the top, then "Forum List," then "Football."

On the old site I could just hover my mouse over "Forums" and then move the cursor down and click on "Football."

It's only 3 clicks vs. 1 click, but seems clunky.

• Agree
Reactions: SoapyCy

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
This might sound weird, but would it be possible to give the OP a few extra controls for their threads like the ability to close them and to disable editing of posts? This would help out for those of us who play mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.