Status
Not open for further replies.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
The hover over feature for number of pages seems like a pointless feature. It also seems to take a while to load. Could you just display the number of pages next to each thread as it doesn't add any additional space? It's nice to be able to look at a glance and see what threads have been active.

• Agree
Reactions: ianoconnor

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
Would really like to be able to jump to the end of a thread from the forum's page, i hate clicking a link and going to the first page and searching for the most recent response

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
The speed of the mobile site seems slower than the old version (the actual mobile version, not mobile desktop). My only complaint.

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
I haven't been able to get the podcasts on itunes. This is probable discussed elsewhere but I couldn't find it.

Any update on when that might be fixed?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
can we make the bottom of the page the last post? it seems like if i scroll to the bottom i get inches of ads and then have to scroll back up to see the last post.

site is okay but seems little disjointed on mobile. hard to get to the latest forum post or specific thread.

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
The hover over feature for number of pages seems like a pointless feature. It also seems to take a while to load. Could you just display the number of pages next to each thread as it doesn't add any additional space? It's nice to be able to look at a glance and see what threads have been active.

Yep.

Would really like to be able to jump to the end of a thread from the forum's page, i hate clicking a link and going to the first page and searching for the most recent response

Is the blue dot the feature you're looking for?

This feature is apparently only available if logged in--why? I don't log in hardly ever, thus there is no blue dot showing for me.

Additionally, not being able to view attachments unless logged in ought to be changed.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I pretty much cannot do anything on mobile. Kicks me to that stupid white ad screen every time I scroll.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Yep.

This feature is apparently only available if logged in--why? I don't log in hardly ever, thus there is no blue dot showing for me.

Additionally, not being able to view attachments unless logged in ought to be changed.

I would assume the posts you've viewed are tracked through your account rather than standard cookies. I don't know the technicalities of cookies and website's user data, but that's my uneducated guess. Plus, that would mean your post viewing history is "sync'd" across different devices. So, you start where you left off no matter where you're browsing.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The speed of the mobile site seems slower than the old version (the actual mobile version, not mobile desktop). My only complaint.

It seems about the same as the old full site when on mobile. I think there must be an ad or other add on trying to refresh or load in the background. Constantly kicks me out of the posting box.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Usernames bolded/bigger/colored & page #s/last page button on the recent posts page would be helpful.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
From the main landing page, if I want to go to a specific forum (say, football) I have to click on "Forums" at the top, then "Forum List," then "Football."

On the old site I could just hover my mouse over "Forums" and then move the cursor down and click on "Football."

It's only 3 clicks vs. 1 click, but seems clunky.

This was my issue but I figured out how to do Watched Forums. If you're like me you only normally look at a few forums. For me it is MBB FB and OT. To create your watched Forums open the Forum you want to start watching - Say FB - then click on the upper right to start watching it. Do the same for MBB or OT or whatever your favorite/normal forums are. Then you can just click on Watched Forums and save all that scrolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.