Are there any true Cyclone B-ball fans anymore???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
I just love the hypocrisy throughout this thread.

"Man, I hate posters ******** about the MBB team, so I will add my post ******** about other ISU fans."

That's really a positive contibution to the matter.:jimlad:

Reactions: GeronimusClone

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Yes. I watched every frustrating minute of it, save the Kansas break in. We sleep walked through the first 4 minutes, made a nice run to get back in it, only to quit playing defense and never start rebounding. We were a prayer away from being down double digits at halftime. By the sound of it, the start of the 2nd half was worse than our start to the game. Most of our guys on "defense" were more worried about how far they could swat the ball into the stands than they were about positioning themselves for a rebound. We played about 10 minutes of basketball the other night. The rest was an abomination. Gonzaga had a bad night. We've had a bad half decade.
When did they all start thinking they were Cato? That was driving me nuts. You swat at four in a row, regardless of if it's a foul, they're going to call one.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Son, you having been doing a poor job cleaning your room. There are dirty socks on the floor and your bed isn't made. This has occurred in three of the past five days. It is expected of you that these things are taken care of daily. Fix it now and at all points in the future or you will be grounded from video games.

Son, you are a worthless, lazy child. I put a roof over your head and this is how you act? I should have left you at the orphanage with all the other bastard children whose real parents didn't want them either.

Now which is which?

Coach, you've been doing a poor job of leading our MBB program over the last three plus years. The results are just not where good Iowa State fans expect them to be.

We have had no winning seasons, we are winning less than 30% of our conference games, and we have not been anywhere close to making the postseason. You have beaten zero ranked teams in your tenure and, more disturbingly, have lost games to the likes of South Dakota at home. You have recruited some players of suspect talent and you have not been able to retain some of the most talented players in the program. Attendance is starting to sag and, even more problematic, our home court advantage is just not what it once was.

I have been around this program longer than you and I know that better results are possible at ISU. The last time we had a coach that coached here for 4 years and did not make any postseason appearances was in the late 70s when Lynn Nance was our coach. In the 23 seasons prior to your arrival, we were in the postseason 15 times including 1 Elite Eight appearance, 2 Sweet 16 visits, 4 Second Round visits, and one NIT Semi-final appearance. We used to regularly beat ranked teams...especially in Hilton.

With the talent we have on our current team, I am expecting that we will be a participant in the postseason this year. If we do not achieve this result, I ask that you do the gentlemanly thing and resign from your position as head coach and release us from our current contractual obligations to you. Thank you.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
You don't think Jamie Pollard has a short list of coaches for Basketball and Football?

I'm sure he does. It's his job to be prepared for such things. Hold it... did JP post in that thread?

You're saying that the thread I referred to is simply "what if"? No other malicious intent behind it? Sorry, not buying.

How come there isn't one for WBB, FB, VB, Wrestling?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Wow.

How long has it been since we had to hope to beat a team like NDSU? That certainly goes back to Lynn Nance and Ken Trickey.

Or Wayne Morgan...

Or Larry Eustachy.....

There was plenty of ******** and moaning about not living up to our destiny under those guys too.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I'm sure he does. It's his job to be prepared for such things. Hold it... did JP post in that thread?

You're saying that the thread I referred to is simply "what if"? No other malicious intent behind it? Sorry, not buying.

because the plausiblity of the "what if" is greater? is that the right answer?

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
I'm sure he does. It's his job to be prepared for such things.

You're saying that the thread I referred to is simply "what if"? Sorry, not buying it.

B/C those trains aren't heading to the blackhole ho-hum fan support.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
B/C those trains aren't heading to the blackhole ho-hum fan support.

I was under the impression it didn't matter? That the basketball coach thread was just fun supposing with no real reasoning behind it?

After all, it was made clear that nobody is calling for GMac's firing in talking about possible new head coaches.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Or Wayne Morgan...

Or Larry Eustachy.....

There was plenty of ******** and moaning about not living up to our destiny under those guys too.

I'm not sure how anyone could say Wayne Morgan mismanaged talent any worse than Greg is currently doing.

and Larry had what? 1 bad season?

Greg has the worst coaching tenure since before Johnny. Luckily we're financially obligated to him long enough for him to turn it around ... or whatevers going to happen while we're locked in for the next round of 4 yrs.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Or Wayne Morgan...

Or Larry Eustachy.....

I think there is a big difference. Today, we are not sure if we will beat these type of teams...at Hilton. In the past (since JO), we went into these games expecting that it was a "W"...even if, very rarely, it ended up being an "L".

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I'm not sure how anyone could say Wayne Morgan mismanaged talent any worse than Greg is currently doing.

and Larry had what? 1 bad season?

Greg has the worst coaching tenure since before Johnny. Luckily we're financially obligated to him long enough for him to turn it around ... or whatevers going to happen while we're locked in for the next round of 4 yrs.

Did you read the post? I didn't say anything about their performance, just that people complained about lack of faith in upcoming games under those guys too.

But while you bring it up, I don't think anyone should kid themselves that either of our two previous coaches where fired for performance (on the court anyway) alone. Perhaps not even the major factor. Certainly wasn't the case with LE.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I think there is a big difference. Today, we are not sure if we will beat these type of teams...at Hilton. In the past (since JO), we went into these games expecting that it was a "W"...even if, very rarely, it ended up being an "L".
And sometimes we come away with an "Are You ******* Kidding Me?"

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
I was under the impression it didn't matter? That the basketball coach thread was just fun supposing with no real reasoning behind it?

After all, it was made clear that nobody is calling for GMac's firing in talking about possible new head coaches.

Are you ISUFan22's brother? If not you two should hang out. I'd be a riot.

Do you want me to comment for the entire board or my opinion?

Fans are the driver to JP, I think we've learned that from his firings.

Status
Not open for further replies.