BYU
Utah
Baylor
TCU
kstate
texas tech
colo
Kansas

This will never happen, I dont know how or why you come up with this ****. Are you Mhver?

Nolaeer

Nov 24, 2012
This will never happen, I dont know how or why you come up with this ****. Are you Mhver?
I agree it may be unlikely, but dont say never. The big "IF" is whether the Big 12 adds hoops only schools and becomes a hybrid like the Old Big East. Right now, id say you are correct--it is unlikely.

But, if the Big 12 adds gonzaga, then it becomes more likely bc the big 12 is headed down that road. Adding zaga alone makes zero sense. BY has invested in New York city hoops advertising for the big 12. Why? There are no big 12 teams there--currently.

The ACC breakup is at least 50 percent likely. Louisville and pitt are almost certainly big 12 properties if the ACC dies or is weakened. That gives the big 12 WVU, Cinn, louisville, and Pitt--4 old big east basketball schools. BY believes hoops is undervalued and wants the new big 12 to rule hoops.

What teams do you see the big 12 adding for the NYC market? Creighton? That's laughable. If the big 12 doesnt get uconn, the ACC remnants will.

Of course the big 12 ads may say no to a hybrid conference. at this point, no one knows for certain. But im not saying it will happen. I should say it could happen, especially if the big 12 adds zaga.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
TV wants the B1G and SEC to survive. The rest is filler.

Best guess is P2 will take 6 ACC teams to go to 20 each. That will kill the ACC, because they cant backfill enough - not any good options left, certainly not in volume. Whats left would be closer to 10M than 20M annual. B12 will then take next best 4. Prob Pitt, VT, LV, and Duke.

Too many pressures on the ACC:
I just dont see the B1G staying at 18. So they want 2 (or maybe 6).
FSU and Clemson want more $$ so they want out or a new deal.
SEC is prob ok at 16, but if B1G goes to 20 and Clem, FSU, Miami are available and want out, they will go to 20.
ACC wont get the money Clemson and FSU want without unequal sharing, and even that prob isnt enough.

The only way i see ACC staying a power conf, is if the B1G takes just the right teams and the ACC manages to negotiate a new deal that somehow pays FSU and Clemson 60M plus. Just doesnt seem likely.

Theres about 80 teams worth of "power" football. 20 are must-have blue blood brands, about 30 big but middle class teams, and 20 hangers-on. P2 has almost all the blue bloods, which enables them to support their legacy hangers on. The B12 strategy has been volume- to load up as many of the middle class as possible to maintain relevance. The ACC has some of all 3 strata, but if they lose their blue bloods, they cant survive having half the league being hangers on.
That’s a good analysis of the situation. Ultimately, either the B12 or ACC will be the #3 conference unless the TV deals are almost identical. If there’s much distance between them (maybe $5M or more) whichever one comes out ahead is pretty likely to try to poach at least a few from the other to maintain or grow their lead.

It doesn’t seem like the B12 or ACC would entirely go away like the PAC. Even if the other 3 all go to 20 members, the #4 conference would still exist in some form, but the gap between #3 and #4 would be similar to the gap between #4 and the G5s.

Ultimately it depends on who the ACC loses, what a new TV deal looks like for them, and what sort of deals the hangers on are willing to cut to keep the top schools around. The more the B10 and SEC take from the ACC, the more likely it is the B12 emerges as the #3 conference. Some of the middle class ACC teams would have to know even if they manage to cut a deal to keep Clemson or FSU around, there’s no guarantee those schools wouldn’t pull a Texas and periodically threaten to blow up the conference if they don’t get special treatment.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Not mad at that '24 schedule at all. Obviously a lot can happen between now and then, but the very early look would make you think there are a good amount of wins to be had.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyhig

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
JP and Blum better pick up their fundraising if we are going to fill that thing.

A lot of people are doing this kind of fantasy makeup. And it's cool, in a manner of speaking. But, way before that, I can envision the ability for us to insert our perspective(s) anywhere. For example, it'd be cool for me to insert a ground camera at the quarterback on a blitz sack and at the same time from the linebacker making the sack. There is more cost effective room for entertainment growth with the broadcast, gambling, and fantasy football than the stadium. Just my educated opinion.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
JP and Blum better pick up their fundraising if we are going to fill that thing.

So a friend of mine …uhh has had some trouble finding the scoreboard. Any tips or tricks to help a guy out?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron