Ankeny
If this is an elaborate troll job on your part, well then well done, lol
giphy.gif

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
BYU is obvious add, but to entice them to join, does the Big12 need to also add a western rival?
No, BYU has been wanting to join the Big 12 for a while. We don’t really need to do much convincing for them to join.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
UCF is going to blow up. They’ve wen from a D2 school to a Big 12 member within 30 years. There was a time where FSU was awful and now considered a power. I think in 10-20 years UCF is going to be on a similar track. They are now a Power 5 team in an amazing recruiting state with a 70,000 enrollment.

• Haha
Reactions: IASTATE07

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
UCF is going to blow up. They’ve wen from a D2 school to a Big 12 member within 30 years. There was a time where FSU was awful and now considered a power. I think in 10-20 years UCF is going to be on a similar track. They are now a Power 5 team in an amazing recruiting state with a 70,000 enrollment.

That's what kind of sucks about all these adds. BYU may be an exception with already having some legit football history, but Cincy, Houston and UCF are all in fertile recruiting areas that will certainly greatly benefit from being elevated by the Big 12. Gonna make it tougher for ISU to stay relevant over the long haul.

• Agree
Reactions: StPaulCyclone

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
UCF is interesting to me.

Bounce House (Football Stadium) The 48,000 seat Football Stadium opened in 2007 and is designed for a planned expansion to 65,000 seats. UCF plans to begin the expansion by expanding the Roth Tower with more suites and club seating, and also adding an additional 10,000 seats in a third level on the east side of the stadium, increasing the stadium's capacity to 56,000.

They also built a 10,000 seat basketball arena the same year as the football stadium.

up and comer, but still in the shadow of Florida, FSU and Miami.

Got to give them credit on the vision of the athletic dept.

Reactions: ZuriCyclone

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
UCF is a bit intriguing.

Bounce House (Football Stadium) The 48,000 seat Football Stadium opened in 2007 and is designed for a planned expansion to 65,000 seats. UCF plans to begin the expansion by expanding the Roth Tower with more suites and club seating, and also adding an additional 10,000 seats in a third level on the east side of the stadium, increasing the stadium's capacity to 56,000.

They also built a 10,000 seat basketball arena the same year as the football stadium.

Got to give them credit on the vision of the athletic dept.

They are on the rise and with the BIG 12 brand behind them , they will skyrocket. Iowa state playing in Florida sounds good.

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
If CMC continues to build on what he is doing, will we be the Top dog in the new BIG 12 after 2025. WOW

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
For everyone - many in the media - who said "Nothing is going to happen for several years.", please remember this. Dominoes don't fall years after each other.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Now that this is locked in, I expect:

East Division:
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
West Virginia
Cincinnati
UCF

West Division:
Baylor
TCU
Texas Tech
Houston
Oklahoma State
BYU

That maximizes teams playing who they most wanna play. Ideally we’d get to stay with OSU but I think they would rather be with all the Texans.

You don’t have to do any protected crossovers this way. Play your division plus 4/6 in the opposite one. Division opponents come to Ames every 2 years; opposite division ones come to Ames every 3 years.

One division gets to recruit a lot in Texas; the other gets Ohio and Florida.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

East Division:
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
West Virginia
Cincinnati
UCF

West Division:
Baylor
TCU
Texas Tech
Houston
Oklahoma State
BYU

That maximizes teams playing who they most wanna play. Ideally we’d get to stay with OSU but I think they would rather be with all the Texans.

You don’t have to do any protected crossovers this way. Play your division plus 4/6 in the opposite one. Division opponents come to Ames every 2 years; opposite division ones come to Ames every 3 years.

You may be right, but I'd like the new Big 12 to think outside the box. I hate the idea of divisions after getting close to a decade in round robin play. I would like to see the Big 12 on the cutting edge of what I think is the future. 100% of games against Power 5. 11 game conference schedule + 1 non-conference SEC/B1G/ACC/PAC opponent or at least an FBS opponent. Maximizes TV revenue and makes the SEC look bad still fumbling around playing FCS teams in November.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

East Division:
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
West Virginia
Cincinnati
UCF

West Division:
Baylor
TCU
Texas Tech
Houston
Oklahoma State
BYU

Yep, unless they go with "North"/"South" instead and flip UCF & BYU. I prefer the East/West set-up though.

• Agree
Reactions: cyIclSoneU

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
They should have kept their original name, Florida Tech. They only switched to UCF in 1978.

They need to change their mascot name too. Florida Tech Citronauts

And no divisions. 2-3 permanent rivals and top 2 make the CCG. Divisions are so stupid

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Win5002

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

East Division:
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
West Virginia
Cincinnati
UCF

West Division:
Baylor
TCU
Texas Tech
Houston
Oklahoma State
BYU

I lean towards this. Outside of OSU, it includes all the matches I really care about. Plus, it separates who I hope to see rise up as the two big powers in the new-look league -- ISU and OSU.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Just say no to divisions. The fan scenarios put out there are just as insufferable as conference realignment posts.

• Winner
Reactions: Hoggins