Cy-Hawk Dual

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Cass is a really good young guy who's cleaned up his diet and worked his a** off to get into better shape. Suggesting it's 'roids or PEDs is pretty lame.

Matrat

Feb 11, 2018
Cass is a really good young guy who's cleaned up his diet and worked his a** off to get into better shape. Suggesting it's 'roids or PEDs is pretty lame.
Coming to someone else’s board to spew tasteless rhetoric and puff your chest is pretty lame. The fact you are so defensive is telling. It’s hilarious because the accusations from your own board are far worse. And far less believable.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Coming to someone else’s board to spew tasteless rhetoric and puff your chest is pretty lame. The fact you are so defensive is telling. It’s hilarious because the accusations from your own board are far worse.

Whatever makes you feel better I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: JM4CY

wrestlingphish

Aug 10, 2017
I think somebody new on this forum started drinking at noon and hadn’t quit for the day. I don’t put people on ignore often, but this guy isn’t even remotely entertaining as a troll.

As someone previously mentioned I created my account in 2013 (and actually had some pretty complimentary posts towards Marcus Coleman before the 2018 dual). As much fun as it sounds I don’t drink during the week but did come over here to see what post dual reactions were after the kerfluffle calmed down a bit and instead found 35 pages of pure delusional ********. More posts about Moriah Marinelli than the recent UNI Open. I actually wrestled with and am friends with multiple ISU alum (hell, I attended Cael’s 24 day intensive camp in Ames while in high school) but when I read the posts I’ll admit I couldn’t help myself. A bunch of defeatists talking about all the reasons why others really aren’t as good as they seem instead of actual discussion on what ISU needs to do to get to the next level.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: CyTwins

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Here’s an interesting question maybe someone can come up with the answer. When was the last time 2 teams from the same state came home with a team trophy? Iowa and Iowa State could be the closest to doing it again in the next couple years

wrestlingphish

Aug 10, 2017
Here’s an interesting question maybe someone can come up with the answer. When was the last time 2 teams from the same state came home with a team trophy? Iowa and Iowa State could be the closest to doing it again in the next couple years

This one is easy. Kevin Jackson’s first year when ISU took 3rd and Iowa won.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Why did Terry Brands run over to the ISU player area? All while Dresser was shaking hands with other Hok staff. Did someone say something to him? Was he just trying to get a last word in? Was there someone in particular he was targeting? He didn't seem to be wanting to fight or he would have gone after someone. I enjoyed seeing our wrestlers stand there with more poise and maturity and let it dissipate.

Because he’s an absolute lunatic.

The thing is…off the mat…you won’t find better people. Something isn’t wired right with those two.

Haven’t been on the board much but it has been a long time since I’ve seen a dual officiated this poorly. Very odd night.

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
Because he’s an absolute lunatic.

The thing is…off the mat…you won’t find better people. Something isn’t wired right with those two.

Haven’t been on the board much but it has been a long time since I’ve seen a dual officiated this poorly. Very odd night.

Whatever their virtues off the mat, Iowa wrestlers and coaches are in desperate need of humbling on it. Godspeed to any team who meets the need.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Since this thread is still active, I'll ask again about what Terry Brands was doing after the match. We all saw him run into the area with the Iowa State wrestlers. But did he go to anyone in particular? And why? What did he say or do? Was it just Terry being spastic and taking a victory lap? It seemed quite intentional, but odd that so little has been said about his intentions in the moment.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Since this thread is still active, I'll ask again about what Terry Brands was doing after the match. We all saw him run into the area with the Iowa State wrestlers. But did he go to anyone in particular? And why? What did he say or do? Was it just Terry being spastic and taking a victory lap? It seemed quite intentional, but odd that so little has been said about his intentions in the moment.
Terry doesn't answer to anyone; just ask him.

Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The heavyweight match either was barely done or wasn't done yet and he flew into our wrestlers. Not sure what his issue was but there should be some sort of either an apology and/or punishment handed out for going into our team. You don't pull that crap.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Whatever their virtues off the mat, Iowa wrestlers and coaches are in desperate need of humbling on it. Godspeed to any team who meets the need.
Michigan stands a great chance of taking them out in a dual. They are good where Iowa is weak and stronger in a couple cases where Iowa is also strong.

Reactions: Proton

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
By the way looks like I was right with this. Bartolo batted a career .084 which is actually higher than I thought. Exact dates are hard to come by with duals and they used to go twice a year + national duals so have to do some fuzzy math. Iowa State has won one (1) dual out of the last 33 (seems right #ish for a 25 year old) which is .03.
33 duals against Iowa in 25 years. Seems a bit high.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
I didn't like the headgear slam by one of our student-athletes. Having the associate head coach run into the opposing teams bench is next level douchebag material. It seems just when the Brands' seem to maturing enough to get some of my respect they pull out some rabid circus animal act like this. It's so commen, and even expected now, that mega-douchers come here to justify and defend it. In all honesty is makes me appreciate that much more how Cael/Penn State goes about winning their titles (and gets me even more pissed off about losing him). I guess I would rather my son lose and not act like that. To each their own.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I didn't like the headgear slam by one of our student-athletes. Having the associate head coach run into the opposing teams bench is next level douchebag material. It seems just when the Brands' seem to maturing enough to get some of my respect they pull out some rabid circus animal act like this. It's so commen, and even expected now, that mega-douchers come here to justify and defend it. In all honesty is makes me appreciate that much more how Cael/Penn State goes about winning their titles (and gets me even more pissed off about losing him). I guess I would rather my son lose and not act like that. To each their own.
Headgear wasn't good.

As an explanation, he is from cuba and freestyle and greco you don't need to wear them. Coaches said he hadn't had that explained to him yet so they would be going over that with him.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Headgear wasn't good.

As an explanation, he is from cuba and freestyle and greco you don't need to wear them. Coaches said he hadn't had that explained to him yet so they would be going over that with him.
I know the background on Bastida and give the student athlete a lot of wiggle room this time. On contrary, to see adults act that way time and time again is just too bad because there are kids and even adults that see Terry acting like a deranged lunatic and think it is ok.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron