Cyclones in the XFL

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The rap,which I don’t agree with,is dropped balls,I believe. But I think an arrogant coach at Arizona threw away a chance to have him be a weapon. And Philly didn’t know what the heck they were doing, trying to turn him into a tight end. He’s doing well,it seems,and I hope he’ll get a break.
He needs to go to a place that will utilize him. Hopefully he has some choices and good people giving him advice on where to go. He’d be a dirt cheap weapon that I would think atleast make a practice squad if he can prove value blocking on special teams. He needs go to a place with a creative OC.

Reactions: CyNews

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The rap,which I don’t agree with,is dropped balls,I believe. But I think an arrogant coach at Arizona threw away a chance to have him be a weapon. And Philly didn’t know what the heck they were doing, trying to turn him into a tight end. He’s doing well,it seems,and I hope he’ll get a break.

You may not want to agree with the rap, but it was very real, even at ISU. We as fans just don’t remember the drops because he has a highlight reel of unbelievable catches at ISU, but yeah - he would drop routine passes often. In the NFL highlight reels don’t matter if you can’t make the basic plays. Add in injury issues at Arizona, and his reputation went south.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
STL needs to run this score up

That last TD really hurt their chances. They are now counting on Seattle to lose to Vegas to make it, or for Vegas to score more than 34 in a Seattle win. And even then they can't win that tiebreaker, just force it to the fifth scenario which Seattle controls.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That last TD really hurt their chances. They are now counting on Seattle to lose to Vegas to make it, or for Vegas to score more than 34 in a Seattle win. And even then they can't win that tiebreaker, just force it to the fifth scenario which Seattle controls.

Kind of sucks 7-3 doesn't easily make playoffs without all that. Seemed like they had a pretty dominant year.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
TD Butler!!!!

9 catches for 164 yards and 2 TDs.

Not sure how they keep track of stats on the 1/2/3 point conversions but he was a beast on those plays to, basically just give it to him on the flat with a few yards to run and even if they tackle him he falls into the end zone with his size.

I'm sure if 2pt conversions were that common in the NFL there'd be an entire industry/fantasy league built on tracking those stats.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Kind of sucks 7-3 doesn't easily make playoffs without all that. Seemed like they had a pretty dominant year.
With only four teams in each division and just a ten game schedule you really increase the possibility of teams getting into the tiebreaker situation.

I like the schedule for the most part though. The entire season is on record before the NFL draft/opening of mini camps and that should really help the best guys in the league get every opportunity to find a good fit and stick with an NFL team. Butler has really put enough on tape to make a 53 man roster somewhere and contribute, if GM's value the level of competition there.

My work schedule really picks up in spring and I appreciate I got to watch weekend football during the entire slow period from November to April this year. The USFL calendar means I will probably miss it almost entirely.

Reactions: StLouisClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron