CyTown Announcement - Monday 9/19 (Links in OP)

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
How high are they raising it? Also, are they going to grind up the asphalt already there because they would have to or it would create like a barrier at that point.
They've done a lot of flood mitigation work downstream near Duff, as well on the Skunk near where 35 crosses it, so I'm sure a lot of that work was factored in as well.

Reactions: BCClone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
From the little I have read, it seems for a good portion of our fanbase, the only thing they care about is cheap parking and cheap seats at the game. They are stuck in the mid '90s of Cyclone football and they don't see what it takes to keep pace with the top tier teams in college football.

This is something that would set ISU apart from a lot of schools and make it a destination. I would have to imagine a lot of visiting team fans would be excited at the prospect of something like this right next to the stadium.

It's probably a lot to do with why ISU is in the situation we are in. A lot of our fans lack vision. They probably wish it was still the way it was when I was in school and they didn't even have to buy a ticket at all, just walk in at half time for free.
The fanbase is evolving slowly, but this is and has been one of the challenges for JP and ISU. We have a portion of the fanbase that wants a good, big boy program, but wants the parking to remain plentiful, tickets to be dirt cheap, and wants to stroll in late in the 3rd quarter and have the crowd look like a joke on TV.

If someone is legitimately concerned about this tanking and ISU being on the hook in a way that harms academics and the student experience, I can respect that.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
The 1 negative I can see with CY Town is more Hok roaches hanging around the lots when their stupid team comes in for a game every other year.

Reactions: State2015

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
The fanbase is evolving slowly, but this is and has been one of the challenges for JP and ISU. We have a portion of the fanbase that wants a good, big boy program, but wants the parking to remain plentiful, tickets to be dirt cheap, and wants to stroll in late in the 3rd quarter and have the crowd look like a joke on TV.

If someone is legitimately concerned about this tanking and ISU being on the hook in a way that harms academics and the student experience, I can respect that.

They want a Cyclone party more than good Cyclone athletics.

That’s the great thing about CyTown imo. We’ll be monetizing the desire for a Cyclone party, in which people pay what they can/want. I think it will be additive- people that may not actually want yo shell out $50-$100 per game for tickets, but will come to spend money on beer and entertainment in CyTown while family/friends go to game. I know so many people that go to KC that don’t make it to Spint Center

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Sorry, I wish for the raging river boat ride summer and bobsled run for winter months. Let’s make it exciting to get there.
In all sincerity, if we wanted to keep copying Titletown with a sledding hill, it couldn't be that difficult to build one into the hillside by Beach....

Reactions: Bestaluckcy

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
The 1 negative I can see with CY Town is more Hok roaches hanging around the lots when their stupid team comes in for a game every other year.
As long as they're forking over their tip money from their pizza delivery jobs to buy drinks, I don't mind.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron