Dan Winters leaving WHO

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Lindsey Burrell-WhoTV-Not sure where she is going.
What? Missed the morning news because my kids hijacked the remote. Did they announce something? Sure Cayln Thompson is back so maybe they just meant she is going back to the daytime role she had before or is she leaving 13 completely? She hasn't been there very long.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
What? Missed the morning news because my kids hijacked the remote. Did they announce something? Sure Cayln Thompson is back so maybe they just meant she is going back to the daytime role she had before or is she leaving 13 completely? She hasn't been there very long.
Oh maybe that's it. She said she was leaving but maybe it was just the overnight shift.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Oh maybe that's it. She said she was leaving but maybe it was just the overnight shift.
She was filling in for Cayln in the mornings while she was out for her cancer procedure so I would bet that was it. Would be surprised if she is leaving 13 as she hasn't even been there a year. Before she was doing the day and evening anchor role a lot.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Please no God!! I know she was filling in for Catelyn for awhile. Hope it's just she's going back to her regular hours and Catelyn is coming back even though those hours suck.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I got the impression she was done with her temp morning duties. Glad to know that Calyn will be back. She's had a hell of a few months.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Top of Reddit and article on CBS news.com

CNN has a story too but KCCI is a CNN affiliate so not surprised. Although their story was already flawed from the first sentence as it says "spent the last 18 years breaking down Iowa’s latest local weather news" but he's only been in Iowa for 2 years. He's been doing weather for 18 but most of those were not in Iowa. Some poor writing by someone who didn't research the facts throughly.

Reactions: bigsag

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
CNN has a story too but KCCI is a CNN affiliate so not surprised. Although their story was already flawed from the first sentence as it says "spent the last 18 years breaking down Iowa’s latest local weather news" but he's only been in Iowa for 2 years. He's been doing weather for 18 but most of those were not in Iowa. Some poor writing by someone who didn't research the facts throughly.

Add New York Times to the list.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
My wife’s grandma once called WHO because she didn’t like the weather guys new haircut. Talk about hateful…:D

The cohost on the Monday & Thursday morning podcast frequently mocks CW's looks.
:jimlad: