Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
If it hasn't been mentioned already, it would be nice to have a link to go to the latest post in a thread, when you are looking at a list of threads (such as in the Football forum). As it stands, you choose either the beginning of the thread or a particular page of posts.
Click the blue dot next to the thread title to take you to the first unread post
Capture.JPG

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I think that needs to be put in the banner at the top: "Follow the blue dot!"
:)

MatrixBluePillRedPill.jpg

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I hate to complain because I am so overjoyed that the cave is gone when I log in and I have my in-state rivals, but I think it was better on the old site that the cave was not visible to anyone not logged in. If I had come to the forums and looked around and saw all of that crazy chiz and very little Iowa State stuff on the forums, I probably would have never come back. Although thinking about it, y'all probably think that would have been a good thing. (Insert old wacko emoji)

• Agree
Reactions: Farnsworth

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Not for me (which is odd because it appears to be working for others).

I did check something to opt out of the cave on the new forum of the that was somewhere in my profile, maybe preferences? Not sure if that was necessary or if our choices from the old forum carried over.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The "preview" of the thread when you used to "hover" the cursor over the thread title doesn't work anymore. That was a nice feature if that's able to be brought back.

I use Google Chrome. So out of curiosity I switched over to Internet Explorer for a minute. The "hover preview" works great with Explorer. The no preview seems to be a Chrome issue.

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-25_15-3-23.png
    upload_2016-7-25_15-3-23.png
    124 KB · Views: 4

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
agree its not ideal to see political threads if you're not logged in.

thanks for all the hard work getting the new site running - now that the political stuff is gone I'm all good.

Reactions: carvers4math

Gobbles

Jan 29, 2013
When you aren't logged in, you can still see the Politics and In-State rivals forums. Is that how it always was?

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
Seeing as how I'm rarely logged in:

On the RECENT POSTS page (when not logged in) using a desktop iMac (Safari + Chrome), these are my beef-a-roni beefs:
  1. Page is overrun by political & in-state rival posts. Change to default hidden?
  2. Blue dot not visible/available AND no pages visible, even when hovering over the post title.
  3. Posts have the start date, but no visible date of the most recent post.
  4. I don't know who started the thread as it only shows the most recent poster's avatar. I think it should be reversed. OP should have avatar visible always, then most recent poster can be inline like on the old CF.
As it stands, the RECENT POSTS page is not easy to navigate, because I don't know who started threads, when the most recent post was made, and don't have an easy way to jump to a certain page/most recent post. Plus SOOOOO many political posts. I regret looking in some of them.

EDIT: After I hit post, page became a white blank. Had to reload to see anything. (Safari 9.1.2, Mac OS X 10.9.5.)

Balrog

Sep 17, 2008
Des Moines
I haven't spent a LOT of time looking, but I can't figure out how to send private messages. Also, I was a member of a basketball group, and I don't see it around any more. CyclonePride, please PM me. Thank you.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Click the blue dot next to the thread title to take you to the first unread post
View attachment 43353

Ok, so that only works for threads where there is a "new" post that's bolded, which means it's only visible when a user is logged in. I see now you can also click on the time of the latest post to get there, which is more along the lines of what I was expecting to be able to do, but again that only works when you are logged in.

When I was first browsing the new site I wasn't logged in, and that's why I didn't see those options. I don't post often enough to always log in on every computer/device. Did it work this way before too? Strangely, I checked on another forum I frequent that was updated in the last year, and I just noticed that works the same way now (but I'm always signed in there).

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I haven't spent a LOT of time looking, but I can't figure out how to send private messages. Also, I was a member of a basketball group, and I don't see it around any more. CyclonePride, please PM me. Thank you.
They're called "conversations" now. You can find them on your profile page, or your target's profile page (start a conversation).

Status
Not open for further replies.