Status
Not open for further replies.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I haven't read through this whole thread so someone may have already said the same thing. But I have found that whenever I am writing a reply, mid-writing my cursor will just disappear and my keyboard turns into it's simple functions. So I will be trying and it will dissappear while I continue to write and if I press the space bar it moves the page down and if I press backspace I go back a page, losing my writing. This may just be a problem with my computer, but I just thought I'd see if anyone else has the problem, or knows how to combat it.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The "preview" of the thread when you used to "hover" the cursor over the thread title doesn't work anymore. That was a nice feature if that's able to be brought back.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I know this is isn't day 2 anymore, but I'm just now really on the new site (laptop) and the blue dots aren't taking me to the first "new" post. I've tried in various forums and threads where I've been before, and the blue dot for each one takes me to the first post in the thread. Doesn't matter whether I'm clicking from the forum list of threads or from a thread itself.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I know this is isn't day 2 anymore, but I'm just now really on the new site (laptop) and the blue dots aren't taking me to the first "new" post. I've tried in various forums and threads where I've been before, and the blue dot for each one takes me to the first post in the thread. Doesn't matter whether I'm clicking from the forum list of threads or from a thread itself. In any thread, the "Go the First Unread" doesn't work for me either.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I've only used mobile so far and think it could be cleaned up a bit. Everything is spaced out so much I spend more time scrolling that reading. (Not talking ads either, those are good)

For example the box with watch thread and the page numbers is huge with a lot of dead space.

Also not sure how to shrink up some spacing on the posts themselves but a lot of real estate taken up by non content, could be collapsed a bit. For instance the bar with all the like items, not sure we need that in mobile. Maybe a like button that could display next to the user's name that expands to the different options.

Also a quicker way to get to 'new posts' on both the top and bottom.

All in all looks pretty good and slick, just a lot of real estate lost trying to make it look too clean and browser like.

Would like to see the first unread post button larger and in the right as. It's so small in mobile.

Again this is all mobile feedback, haven't been to the site on a pc yet.

Keep up the good work!

Here is what my screen looks like for an example. And space that could be taken out.

Put in spoiler tags as they were so big and don't know how to shrink them down.

2iudcg6.png

2n0q4o8.png

Last edited:

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Could we get a last button back? I keep hitting the next button thinking I'm hitting last. I realize I could just hit the last page since it's displayed, but I'm lazy. It's the same thing as next though when you could just hit the next page.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
For some reason, when I post today, I am taken to a blank page and have to hit refresh to go back to the thread I was in.

Edit- this seems to happen when I hit reply, but when I just post like this, it happened normally.

This, happens to me as well. Posting on mobile

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I don't like the condensed version. It seems to easy to click on something I don't want to.

Ya I might have condensed a little too much, but there is so much dead space. I would in a room with 4 UI/UX designers so it just makes me think a lot about the user experience. I surf a lot on mobile and with the new site is just seems I'm constantly scrolling rather than reading.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I like the additional "like" options but the emojis are a major disappointment.:( It is a small thing compared to the improved site speed.:)

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I know this is isn't day 2 anymore, but I'm just now really on the new site (laptop) and the blue dots aren't taking me to the first "new" post. I've tried in various forums and threads where I've been before, and the blue dot for each one takes me to the first post in the thread. Doesn't matter whether I'm clicking from the forum list of threads or from a thread itself. In any thread, the "Go the First Unread" doesn't work for me either.
I've noticed that I have to "re-establish" what I have read in a thread. Once I have caught up on a given thread, the next time the blue dot takes me to the first post I haven't read. Maybe that's what is happening to you?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
For some reason, when I post today, I am taken to a blank page and have to hit refresh to go back to the thread I was in.

Edit- this seems to happen when I hit reply, but when I just post like this, it happened normally.
That's happening on my computer too...so it's not just a mobile issue. It's pretty random...doesn't happen EVERY time.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Ditto. That is pretty annoying and a new bug I had not noticed before.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
This is what works for me on the "New Posts" page on both desktop and mobile.
The blue takes you to the newest/last past that you haven't read. So if you haven't opened a thread before, the first post is the first unread post.
To go to the newest/last post in the thread, try clicking on the "Time ago" (ex 10m ago) under the last user that posted. This is the far right "Last Message" column.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Could we get a last button back? I keep hitting the next button thinking I'm hitting last. I realize I could just hit the last page since it's displayed, but I'm lazy. It's the same thing as next though when you could just hit the next page.

Yea, I always liked the last button too. Right by the thread title. Better sometimes than last read just because you can tell if something stupid has been transpiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.