Does the B12 Tournament matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
The reaction of the players faces after they win the tourney championship is all I need to see in order to show this tournament matters. Doesn't matter if it is ISU or not, but the last 3 times ISU won, all seemed pretty happy to me. I'd say it matters to them. Someone already posted the photo of Thomas, Niang, Hogue, Naz winning it, they looked pretty stoked.

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
In my opinion, there is no doubt the conference tournament matters. I just think they should reduce the regular season games by two or three games. The conference tournament needs to be kept at the end with no regular season implications and is a primer for the NCAA tournament. There is no doubt the men are happy to play and it is fun to watch. I think that they should think more about wearing out their bodies, which young men are not going to think about until they are old like me. Hip replacements/surgery and the like are hard on bodies.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Well, as I said earlier, I, like King McClure who actually played in it, I don't like this tournament because there's nothing much to be gained for the upper half of the league. It's a money grab.

TCU hammers K-State. It wasn't close. But what's it mean? TCU already had a dance card, as did the Cats.

Will be interested to see how the conference teams are seeded. See you next week when the games actually mean something.
King McClure played 12 minutes of baylors only tournament win during his entire career. Of course he doesnt think it matters. His only win was as a freshman coming off the bench. He is 1-4 in the tournament.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Well, as I said earlier, I, like King McClure who actually played in it, I don't like this tournament because there's nothing much to be gained for the upper half of the league. It's a money grab.

TCU hammers K-State. It wasn't close. But what's it mean? TCU already had a dance card, as did the Cats.

Will be interested to see how the conference teams are seeded. See you next week when the games actually mean something.
Kansas isn't playing for much, but Iowa State, Texas, TCU, West Virginia, Baylor, and Kansas State were all playing for seeding yesterday and Oklahoma State probably should have been too. You don't think it's valuable to them to want to move up a seed line?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Kansas isn't playing for much, but Iowa State, Texas, TCU, West Virginia, Baylor, and Kansas State were all playing for seeding yesterday and Oklahoma State probably should have been too. You don't think it's valuable to them to want to move up a seed line?

KU's players looked pretty damn 'all in' tonight, haha.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Don't like KU but despise the traitorous Whorn$. So go Beakers tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron