Down goes Freddy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
They aren’t Hawkeye fans also are they? They seem to wet themselves with that name calling of theirs.

Nah. There are three I'm thinking of, and they're big Georgia, Oregon, and Virginia fans.

Not even sure they know any Hawkeyes give how rare they are in the NBA.

;)

The Oregon guy ******* loves Monté and Tyrese.

Reactions: BCClone

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
LOL that was more money again including the undeserved extension that he got.

Exactly! NU has committed to another 7 years in addition to the first 2. So that's a minimum $27 million! So if not the money, what else was it? Oh, that crap about NU being his "dream job?" Yeah, same thing he said in Ames about ISU. Wherever he goes, it was his dream.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I do believe the Hoiberg became really frustrated when Rashad Vaughn flipped to UNLV. He and Matt had really built that relationship and Vaughn had even tweeted a birthday wish to Fred's wife. Then his handler got a "job" working for a UNLV booster and everything changed. I even think that Ejim having that huge game right after the flip was Fred's way of saying, "This is what you could have been if you'd gone to ISU." I know it's a bit conspiratorial but these are my thoughts. I really think that Fred was sort of damaged by this one.

Stauskas too don’t forget, Fred thought he had him in the bag

Reactions: jcyclonee

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Fred is getting off the schneid tonight everyone. Are we happy, upset, or indifferent?

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
People often say that once Fred’s Nebraska job ends his next move is back to an NBA front office. But I think that’s dicey given his stint with the Twolves. Their 2009 draft was a disaster when they took 2 PGs (Ricky Rubio, Johnny Flynn) ahead of Steph Curry, then took another PG at 18 (Ty Lawson). There was a joke going around Minneapolis at the time, “How many point guards does it take to screw in a lightbulb?” I think that may have hastened Fred’s move to ISU in 2010.
Not that Hoiberg hasn’t made a number of dumb decisions, but I think that was David Kahn draft choices.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
People often say that once Fred’s Nebraska job ends his next move is back to an NBA front office. But I think that’s dicey given his stint with the Twolves. Their 2009 draft was a disaster when they took 2 PGs (Ricky Rubio, Johnny Flynn) ahead of Steph Curry, then took another PG at 18 (Ty Lawson). There was a joke going around Minneapolis at the time, “How many point guards does it take to screw in a lightbulb?” I think that may have hastened Fred’s move to ISU in 2010.
I know for a fact that the Timberwolves wanted him back before he signed his first extension at ISU. They were very disappointed that he chose to stay at ISU rather than come back to Minnesota. I can't speak to their thoughts since the Bulls and Huskers, but I know that the 2009 draft has no bearing on their feelings on Fred's suitability for their organization.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Hopefully, the Fighting Freddies will turn it around and win at least two more of their remaining 6 games this season.... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Lineup

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I know for a fact that the Timberwolves wanted him back before he signed his first extension at ISU. They were very disappointed that he chose to stay at ISU rather than come back to Minnesota. I can't speak to their thoughts since the Bulls and Huskers, but I know that the 2009 draft has no bearing on their feelings on Fred's suitability for their organization.

His first extension was after he interviewed with the university of Minnesota