Fat Stanley without Doyle

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Nice try. Purdy is a consensus top 11 pick in next years draft. Hopefully CMC doesn't hurt his draft stock this year.

I know the hok homers don't want to face Brock for two more years, but he does appreciate your promotional efforts.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
In this example the guy with 3 ERA is better. Using wins as a stat for pitchers in baseball should be used as an IQ test...
and you failed. Sorry shouldn't bring up baseball here. Nobody wants to answer the question I posed regarding Tony Romo and Troy Aikman. Which of those 2 would you choose if you had to for 1 game. The guy with the stats or the guy with the wins?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Mid 30s for Iowa lower 40s for Iowa State

Seems that the past few classes for Campbell started off better than this class and those classes never finished higher than 46. Right now ISU's average recruit is 82, whereas Campbell's best classes were 85. Campbell already has 11 recruits in this class so it is going to be really hard to get the average up to about 86, which is what is needed to get in the lower 40s.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Seems that the past few classes for Campbell started off better than this class and those classes never finished higher than 46. Right now ISU's average recruit is 82, whereas Campbell's best classes were 85. Campbell already has 11 recruits in this class so it is going to be really hard to get the average up to about 86, which is what is needed to get in the lower 40s.

In CMC we trust

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Average recruit rank of 82 is below what Rhoads was bringing in. Iowa after the Davidkov commitment is at an average rank of .878, that is crazy good for an Iowa class.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
It'll be tough with Wisconsin there. Probably depends if he wants to play vs offense optional teams or not
I think you're being modest. Pretty much settled now after Iowa didn't attend his basketball game. I could hear the vitriol in that interview, definitely put you well above Sconny and Neb. Doesn't seem like Stanford is going to offer, which everyone said would play a roll. You guys have it in the bag as far as I'm concerned.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I agree, being a projected top 10 pick is no joke. Lets hope CMC uses him right this year and doesn't make his NFL stock drop any.
You said he is an 11 pick. How is 11 in the top 10?

mikesright

Sep 3, 2012
Purdy as a Sophomore career stats
Passing: 6232 yrds passing 43 TDs 65.9% completion and 9.2 yrds per attempt.
Rushing: 193 attempts for 557 yrds and 13 TDs 2.9 yrds average.

Stanley 4 year stats
Passing: 8297 yrds passing 68 TDs 58.3 % completion and 7.5yrds per attempt.
Rushing: 161 attempts for -104 yrds and 2 TDs -0.7 yrds average.

No one cares that Brock Purdy racked up a ton of meaningless stats against Louisiana Monroe, Kansas, and Texas Tech. They care that he ***** the bed against Oklahoma, Iowa, and Baylor

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No one cares that Brock Purdy racked up a ton of meaningless stats against Louisiana Monroe, Kansas, and Texas Tech.

Iowa fans defending their team: Stop talking about SOS it doesn't matter!

Iowa fans talking about Purdy: see above

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No one cares that Brock Purdy racked up a ton of meaningless stats against Louisiana Monroe, Kansas, and Texas Tech. They care that he ***** the bed against Oklahoma, Iowa, and Baylor

How did Purdy crap the bed against Oklahoma. He was nails down the stretch and single handedly got them back in the game with a chance to win it

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
and you failed. Sorry shouldn't bring up baseball here. Nobody wants to answer the question I posed regarding Tony Romo and Troy Aikman. Which of those 2 would you choose if you had to for 1 game. The guy with the stats or the guy with the wins?

Hey man no need to be mad at me... I am not the guy who thinks pitching wins is a good indicator of how good a pitcher is.

You are the guy who referenced a "stat" that can be (and has been) accumulated by guys who didnt even throw a pitch.

If I put Romo with Jimmy, Irvin, Novacek, Emmitt and that O line I like my chances... **** I like my chances with pretty much anyone with that cast.

Reactions: jmb

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

You lose all credibility with the Oklahoma comment. Nice try.

mikesright

Sep 3, 2012
You lose all credibility with the Oklahoma comment. Nice try.

He didn’t make the play when it counted. Frankly, ISU was lucky that Oklahoma thought it was garbage time in the fourth in that game. I would expect them to take you more seriously next time.