ISU 71.5
Neb 69

OSU has 3 Championship, 1 Consolation
Iowa has 1 Championship, 4 Consolation
ISU has 1 Championship, 3 Consolation

We're wrestling for 3rd. Iowa is going to be almost impossible to catch

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Seriously? In the semis he's wrestling "down" to an opponent? When only 33 make it to start? and we're down to 4? That kid isn't a slouch.

That said, l;aksjdfl;askjdf;laskjdf. Those are my feelings about that match.

Yes, I realize it's the semis, but it's a 1 vs. a 5. Z seems like he's always in OT with UR guys or squeaking out a 3-2 win over a much lower ranked opponent.

When's the last time you saw Z dominate anyone? It doesn't happen as much at the HWT class, but just once would be nice.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Yes, I realize it's the semis, but it's a 1 vs. a 5. Z seems like he's always in OT with UR guys or squeaking out a 3-2 win over a much lower ranked opponent.

When's the last time you saw Z dominate anyone? It doesn't happen as much at the HWT class, but just once would be nice.
There's your reasoning for why we don't see it. 285 was a fairly weak class this year, and many are very close to each other in skills. That's why Z's matches tended to always go into OT. 141/157 were strong weights, and 285 was one of the weakest.

Schfinkter

Dec 3, 2008
Dandy's House
we suck, plane and simple.. qualify 10- get 1 in the championship.. we couldn't win an butt kicking contest against a one legged man.. it's called finishing, we seem to have left that word out of our dictionary.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
we suck, plane and simple.. qualify 10- get 1 in the championship.. we couldn't win an butt kicking contest against a one legged man.. it's called finishing, we seem to have left that word out of our dictionary.
Iowa is looking for fans. Go ahead and join them. Or maybe get a clue about what you are talking about. 6 AA last year, 3 time running conference champ, 2nd or 3rd place in tournies. NICE

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee

FIRE SANDERSON, FIRE POLLARD AND BOTH THEIR SECRETARIES. CLEAN HOUSE. WHAT A DEBACLE......:jimlad:

Get a grip Sphincter boy.....

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
3rd place was a great season if we can hold on. Thats right where we were ranked most the year and it was nice to see our guys not choke to a place lower than they were predicted to get.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
We don't suck at all...We're really, really good...that is what's sooo frustrating about continuously losing matches that we're favored in, or constantly losing toss-ups when there is a lot at state...every single time we have a chance to do something really special, we choke...If we sucked, people would be thrilled with where we're at right now.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

It's called stupidity...you seem to be in touch with this...

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
3rd place was a great season if we can hold on. Thats right where we were ranked most the year and it was nice to see our guys not choke to a place lower than they were predicted to get.

I'd say with Iowa's collapse and us not capitalizing on it, it'd be hard to call 3rd a "great season"...also keep in mind we threw away wins in Carver, at The Midlands, and at the Big 12 meet...The Midlands and Big 12 meet were basically handed to us on a platter in the finals and we couldn't take them...

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I'd say with Iowa's collapse and us not capitalizing on it, it'd be hard to call 3rd a "great season"...also keep in mind we threw away wins in Carver, at The Midlands, and at the Big 12 meet...The Midlands and Big 12 meet were basically handed to us on a platter in the finals and we couldn't take them...

You and sphincter boy drinking the same cat pee or what?

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
It's funny. I was just talking with my dad about how irrational some people are about wrestling. "If you qualify 10 and get to 7 by the AA round, it's a disaster. If you qualify 8 and lose 2 by the AA round, it's all right. If you qualify 2 and get 2 to the finals, it's a miracle and everyone's happy."

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
You and sphincter boy drinking the same cat pee or what?

No I just get annoyed...having things handed to us and blowing it, like in the Midlands and Big 12 meets...not to mention having a great shot at beating Iowa in Carver but losing, and completely collapsing tonight...we had 3 favorites in the championship bracket and won one match...

Do you enjoy these things? When you have a team with #2 or #1a type talent, you don't go celebrating a possible 3rd place finish...I don't anyways...some people might.

Last edited:

anticyclonic

Mar 8, 2007
Lake Rathbun
How the heck is Iowa still in this and close, when they suffered all of the damage they did today? Their fans are even surprised, I think the scoring is screwed up. According to the math all of Ohio State's championship guys could all win and Iowa could still beat them. I think Iowa's total should be in the 70s and not 81.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
No I just get annoyed...having things handed to us and blowing it, like in the Midlands and Big 12 meets...not to mention having a great shot at beating Iowa in Carver but losing, and completely collapsing tonight...we had 3 favorites in the championship bracket and won one match...

Do these enjoy these things? When you have a team with #2 or #1a type talent, you don't go celebrating a possible 3rd place finish...I don't anyways...some people might.
Is your "great shot" fallacy the same one that says we would have won if we would have won the two toss-up weights that we lost that night?

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
It's funny. I was just talking with my dad about how irrational some people are about wrestling. "If you qualify 10 and get to 7 by the AA round, it's a disaster. If you qualify 8 and lose 2 by the AA round, it's all right. If you qualify 2 and get 2 to the finals, it's a miracle and everyone's happy."

It's about living up to your potential, and winning matches your supposed to win...

If we didn't have much talent at all, but we finished 12th I'd be thrilled...this team was favored in all three matches in the championship bracket tonight and lost two of them, completely ruining their shot at a National Title.

They just needed to go 3-4 or 2-5 in the finals with a Varner win to win the Big 12 and couldn't do it despite being favored in four matches...

And they just needed to go 1-4 in the finals of the Midlands to win it, being favored in two of the matches, with one being a toss-up...and they went 0-5...

Not to mention blowing a golden opportunity to win at Carver after Fanthorpe pulled the early upset, and completely sucking it up at the national duals.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee

Do these enjoy these things? When you have a team with #2 or #1a type talent, you don't go celebrating a possible 3rd place finish...I don't anyways...some people might.

I understand the frustration I guess. I would probably be a lot hotter too if I could watch it instead of updating this thread all the time.

But we do have the bar set pretty high as far as ISU wrestling goes and a lot of those things you say were handed to us were not exactly gimmee's. Hopefully we finish strong and somehow pass EIU tomorrow and have a national champion as well.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Is your "great shot" fallacy the same one that says we would have won if we would have won the two toss-up weights that we lost that night?

All we had to do was have Reader or Gallick win their toss-up match and we walk out of Carver with a win...

Btw...we'd be VERY much in it still if we would've done what we were supposed to do tonight.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Say North Carolina basketball didn't win the ACC or the ACC Tournament this year...and lost to Duke both games...and then went on to lose in the Sweet 16...should they have been excited about getting to the Sweet 16?