High School State Tournaments

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I'd guess recruits care more about NIL and coaches/teammates than Senior level guys. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try to get all 3 but if you can only afford 2 out of 3 then I would say our coaches have made the right decisions.
I don’t necessarily disagree with that. I was simply responding to the silly idea that we have good senior guys in the room but we’re just not telling anyone about them.

Reactions: ST8TAILG8R

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
I don’t necessarily disagree with that. I was simply responding to the silly idea that we have good senior guys in the room but we’re just not telling anyone about them.
I don't necessarily think it is silly that some high level senior guys might travel from RTC to RTC looking for different workout partners on occasion. It might be cheaper to bring a guy in for a couple weeks vs trying to get him to move here year around. No different than DC spending some time in Happy Valley.

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I read it as, don't go off websites, because from past experience, many people don't keep up websites very well with stuff like this.

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
Is Kyven still part of the RTC?
On a side note, he mentioned on one broadcast that he’d love to be part of ESPNs broadcast of nationals. He would be excellent at that, so I hope that’s a possibility.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
If I had to guess, I'm betting these first few years of the CRTC have been spent trying to build an infrastructure (i.e., the housing project) and a consistent stash of funds that can sustain a decent stable of top-level talent.

That said, I am antsy to see some talent sign on with the CRTC. Carr needs some good training partners for the freestyle season. I was excited to have Colon around for a bit, but it seemed like he knew he was at the end of his freestyle career and was just biding his time until he got a nice coaching gig.

When Dresser arrived, it seemed like the CRTC was a relatively non-existent entity, pretty much consisting of Kyven.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
I was simply responding to the silly idea that we have good senior guys in the room but we’re just not telling anyone about them.
I'm simply responding to the silly idea that everything is put out for everyone.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think (my opinion) that with NIL being new and NLWC, Dresser knows it is going to cost a lot of money to get a top level Senior level guy to Ames. Even Ohio State and Cornell couldn't keep Snyder and Dake at their RTC. Hope we can keep David around, but if he gets to be the guy at 74 Kg, don't kid yourself, NLWC will throw a lot of money towards him.

I think Dresser is focusing his dollars at making the college room tough with NILs and keeping the CRTC and college staff around. (Nate Sr, Fernando, St John and Metcalf)

Dresser is having to think outside the box in recruiting and he seems to be figuring it out.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
I wonder if recruits pay more attention to the mystery guys in the room who no one knows about, or maybe they see the guys out competing on the circuit for their clubs?
Please list the senior guys competing for CRTC on the circuit, then. Thanks.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
I think (my opinion) that with NIL being new and NLWC, Dresser knows it is going to cost a lot of money to get a top level Senior level guy to Ames. Even Ohio State and Cornell couldn't keep Snyder and Dake at their RTC. Hope we can keep David around, but if he gets to be the guy at 74 Kg, don't kid yourself, NLWC will throw a lot of money towards him.

I think Dresser is focusing his dollars at making the college room tough with NILs and keeping the CRTC and college staff around. (Nate Sr, Fernando, St John and Metcalf)

Dresser is having to think outside the box in recruiting and he seems to be figuring it out.
Agree we can't do it the way Penn State does it.

Every elite recruit I know comes to college with the goal to win world and Olympic titles. That requires training with guys that winning world and Olympic titles.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think Coleman (might) and I think, Sam does want to train Senior level. I hope we can keep them around, but we are going to have to keep raising more CRTC money.

I could actually see Coleman head to Davidson College with Nate Jr and his mom is Dir of Op there. Absolutely no insight on that. Just a 100% pure guess on my part

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Yeah, we gotta get back to a hardware team before recruiting can be a little easier for the 20-60 p4p guys that you can develop and not cost. The top10-15 will always cost something.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think Coleman (might) and I think, Sam does want to train Senior level. I hope we can keep them around, but we are going to have to keep raising more CRTC money.

I could actually see Coleman head to Davidson College with Nate Jr and his mom is Dir of Op there. Absolutely no insight on that. Just a 100% pure guess on my part
Does the RTC have any reserves or is it basically spend what is totally raised annually? Would be nice is they could start endowing part of it