High School State Tournaments

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
That's too hard
I sure wish you were more productive to the conversation. Could do without all of the smartass comments towards those not as informed as you.

I said 1) we seem to raise a lot money and 2) our senior level athletes are non-existent and 3) we need to up our game.

That resulted some bull**** explanation about guys that here and competing but we can't talk about them but if you don't know who they are then you're a moron. o_O

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
I sure wish you were more productive to the conversation. Could do without all of the smartass comments towards those not as informed as you.

I said 1) we seem to raise a lot money and 2) our senior level athletes are non-existent and 3) we need to up our game.

That resulted some bull**** explanation about guys that here and competing but we can't talk about them but if you don't know who they are then you're a moron. o_O

I *think* they are talking about Anthony Echmedia(sp?).

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
If the CRTC is going to be seemingly secretive about what it’s doing, then they need to have big donors supporting it and not be reliant on small donors. Are there people donating tens or hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars? If so, then that’s a workable business model. But if it is reliant on dozens or even hundreds of people promising to give $100 (like is done by people on this board), then that is another thing.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If the CRTC is going to be seemingly secretive about what it’s doing, then they need to have big donors supporting it and not be reliant on small donors. Are there people donating tens or hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars? If so, then that’s a workable business model. But if it is reliant on dozens or even hundreds of people promising to give $100 (like is done by people on this board), then that is another thing.
Actually a hundred dollar doesn’t deserve much. Maybe a quarterly email at most.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think with some of the guys training, there are thing behind the scenes happening. Take Echemendia for example, a lot might be up in the air in regards to his trial or maybe restrictions because of past issues.

Not even sure if he is here from Cuba in good terms with Cuba or can never go back. That alone can change with NIL rules and if he is looking at college eligibility.

I don't think you can pay Yonger money/NIL to teach at a camp because he is a foreign athlete. I believe that is the same for Kunz (Iowa State basketball player)

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
I don't think you can pay Yonger money/NIL to teach at a camp because he is a foreign athlete. I believe that is the same for Kunz (Iowa State basketball player)
I heard the same thing regarding Jaz. I do not think foreign nationals can receive NIL money.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I think (my opinion) that with NIL being new and NLWC, Dresser knows it is going to cost a lot of money to get a top level Senior level guy to Ames. Even Ohio State and Cornell couldn't keep Snyder and Dake at their RTC. Hope we can keep David around, but if he gets to be the guy at 74 Kg, don't kid yourself, NLWC will throw a lot of money towards him.

I think Dresser is focusing his dollars at making the college room tough with NILs and keeping the CRTC and college staff around. (Nate Sr, Fernando, St John and Metcalf)

Dresser is having to think outside the box in recruiting and he seems to be figuring it out.

Honestly who could blame David that scenario

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Honestly I watch Cam beat him at Grandview, I’m not sure he is a world beater, if we are talking about the same guy
Given that he is up a weight and I believe that is his only loss this season out of probably 30 matches, I would say he is doing ok. I would also guess that his mat wrestling has improved considerably since the beginning of the season. He is already a world class freestyler and appears to be transitioning to folkstyle in a similar trajectory as Bastida.

• Winner
Reactions: stuclone