Jeff Beverly

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Guess I hadnt thought about it but would it be possible that we would take on both Beverly and Juiston? I kind of like our guards as is, I know most are unproven but they show a lot of potential, that being said if we can get Brown you just take him.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Guess I hadnt thought about it but would it be possible that we would take on both Beverly and Juiston? I kind of like our guards as is, I know most are unproven but they show a lot of potential, that being said if we can get Brown you just take him.
He'd have to look amazing on his visit. Imo the only grad transfer Big left that you take with Juiston is McIntoish

cychase_

Mar 27, 2017
Ames
If you look at his game by game stats it looks like he's a pretty streaky shooter. went 0-n in 17 games. But he hit more than one 5 times with 3 of those coming in a 5 game stretch. So probably an eh shooter

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Why would you not take another grad transfer? Unless you're really expecting some mid-semester transfer, leaving an open scholarship that could be used on a grad transfer is idiotic.

Like who?

People act like there are a ton out there. There aren't McIntosh is probably the only one left and he's probably going to Wisconsin.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I would kill to have another Bowie on this roster for next year. He didn't fit this roster all that well but he would fit like a glove next year. I just want that effort coming off the bench. Once he figured out he wasn't going to play a ton of minutes, he was going all out on everything. Even if we get Juiston, I wouldn't mind a guy like that.

cychase_

Mar 27, 2017
Ames
The poster asked if we would take BOTH Juiston and Beverly.
Right, so we're assuming that of the remaining three spots we take Juiston a guard and then that leaves one open. Who else is out there? Ed Morrow of course but thats less than a guarentee, taking another grad transfer may be a smart move as our depth down low frankly sucks.

cychase_

Mar 27, 2017
Ames
Like who?

People act like there are a ton out there. There aren't McIntosh is probably the only one left and he's probably going to Wisconsin.
You don't need a top notch guy, we don't need him to start. We need someone for depth and to practice against our two young posts and Juiston

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Fine, if we don't get Juiston, then you might as well take a gamble on Beverly, but I don't see that working out for us very well.

Juiston would be like an 8 out of 10 type recruit, and Beverly about a 5 out of 10. Even Beverly's videos aren't that impressive, and those are his best moments remember. But he'd definitely be better than leaving a spot open.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Right, so we're assuming that of the remaining three spots we take Juiston a guard and then that leaves one open. Who else is out there? Ed Morrow of course but thats less than a guarentee, taking another grad transfer may be a smart move as our depth down low frankly sucks.
He'd have to look very good in his visit imo. If we land Juiston I think we get more value in a rs guy

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I'd take Beverly if we also got Juiston and missed on Brown and Alstork. Otherwise I'm not that high on just Beverly. Undersized at the 4, doesn't make up for it with Burton type athleticism and isn't a good enough shooter. (22-95 for 23%.)

Let's say you land him and Brown, I don't think Beverly is good enough to start. Who in that scenario starts alongside Young? Lard? 4-guard lineup?

cychase_

Mar 27, 2017
Ames
I'd take Beverly if we also got Juiston and missed on Brown and Alstork. Otherwise I'm not that high on just Beverly. Undersized at the 4, doesn't make up for it with Burton type athleticism and isn't a good enough shooter. (22-95 for 23%.)

Let's say you land him and Brown, I don't think Beverly is good enough to start. Who in that scenario starts alongside Young? Lard? 4-guard lineup?
I don't think anyone here said he would start. I think Lard would have a leg up on him, so probably him.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
You don't need a top notch guy, we don't need him to start. We need someone for depth and to practice against our two young posts and Juiston

Ok, who do you have in mind?

And we have Kasongo and Lard this year so they're not trying to find a practice body.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I don't think anyone here said he would start. I think Lard would have a leg up on him, so probably him.
That's the problem. I don't know if Lard will be ready to start or be good enough to make ISU a tournament team. Lard is super raw and not overly skilled. I'm really excited for him, but I like Lard coming off the bench to provide some energy next year.

• Agree
Reactions: cychase_

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

I'd think we'd go similar to last year and Babb would be starting at the 4 if that were case. I think Beverly is solid but not a big 12 starter, in a Bowie role of the bench, he'd be a great fit. A bench of Long, Lewis, Lard, McNeil and Kasongo has virtually no experience, having a grad kid would be huge.