Jeff Beverly

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Yikes, next year might be a rough one, especially if we dont get Brown...lots of playing time available for the younger guys though.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
He should be twice as good as Holden for what it's worth

I have no reason to question this, but I am curious as to how you've decided he'll be twice as good..... on what basis?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Put up twice as good as numbers in the same conference
Albeit on more than twice as much volume on a worse team.

I'd guess he's better, but that probably says as much about Holden's production this year than anything.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Well let me look....

upload_2017-4-26_19-35-7.png

Compared to our team last year...

upload_2017-4-26_19-35-28.png

The guy scores a lot, but he is super inefficient.

His best offensive talent is he seems to get himself fouled a lot -- not many of our players last year were good at drawing fouls. Shayok is SUPER good at drawing fouls, just an FYI.

I trust Shayok can keep that up in the Big 12 if he did it against ACC teams, though. Not so sure that skill is going to translate to bigger and faster Big 12 defenders.

Honestly, the part that would excite me is his rebounding rate.

12.6 per 100 is better than Burton and Holden last year -- Bowie beat him, though.

He is only 6'6" though, but 250. Well, if Hogue could do it...

upload_2017-4-26_19-39-25.png

Oh dear. And that was against Big 12 competition by Hoguebadger, Edozie, and Melvin.

UTSA is in CUSA. Which ranks...

upload_2017-4-26_19-40-35.png

...pretty far down the list. Oh dear. Bowie was from the MVC, at least. LaTech is in CUSA, too.

If Prohm brings him in and tells him to quick chuckin' and fight hard on the boards and maul people on defense, he might find a valuable role for the team.

Kind of a "rich man's Holden," I hope. Or just another one but shorter.

That might have been about what Juiston would have been asked to do.

Nothing too exciting here, though. Might as well roll those minutes into a small-ball lineup and give more time to Lard and Young (or Lewis or another guard) if this is all we are going to have. At least they are young and can build somewhere for the future.

Looking more-and-more like next year is going to be a rebuilding one. That is okay. Bound to happen after the hole in recruiting that Fred left on the roster.

I trust Steve and our young players to get it back where it should be.

Analytics. Suck on this, Charles Barkley.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: clonebb

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I hope we can quit being babies and stop bashing this kid. He wants to be a Cyclone.

He scored 13 in Hilton against us. Who's to say he won't come in and be good when he's surrounded by better talent?

He has some upside and we're uptight because of how Holden panned out which doesn't guarantee Beverly will be a flop.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I've always wanted guys that want to be here over guys that don't. So yes, a Beverly that wants to be here might just pan out better than a Juiston who doesn't want to be here and doesn't want to play in meaningful basketball games or even cares about winning evidently.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I don't know about ya'll but I want him. Juiston isn't coming. I'm over it. Hope he has fun on a **** team. For all the ******** about Beverly's 3p shooting, he has decent potential. He shot 44% from 3 at TA&M Corpus Christi. Just 46 attempts but that's enough to make a judgment on. Plus he is a decent free throw shooter so he has some touch.

Sign him up and lets go to #7.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I like him, big fat a$$, which we could use, good hands. I think he can play, not a 39 minute guy but could give you 20 a game. Not clear to me why people so down on him.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonefam

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I've always wanted guys that want to be here over guys that don't. So yes, a Beverly that wants to be here might just pan out better than a Juiston who doesn't want to be here and doesn't want to play in meaningful basketball games or even cares about winning evidently.
This is the oddest thing to post. If Juiston committed to Iowa St today, then he obviously would want to be here as well, and we'd be slobbering on his knob, instead of bashing him.

These aren't professionals that get traded, so they're forced to play with a new team. They choose where they want to go.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron