Jeff Beverly

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Looks like he's cut his list. Miami Nevada and Loyola Marymount were previously listed

cychase_

Mar 27, 2017
Ames
I'd think we'd go similar to last year and Babb would be starting at the 4 if that were case. I think Beverly is solid but not a big 12 starter, in a Bowie role of the bench, he'd be a great fit. A bench of Long, Lewis, Lard, McNeil and Kasongo has virtually no experience, having a grad kid would be huge.
If Baab is starting at the 4 we have some serious problems

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I would kill to have another Bowie on this roster for next year. He didn't fit this roster all that well but he would fit like a glove next year. I just want that effort coming off the bench. Once he figured out he wasn't going to play a ton of minutes, he was going all out on everything. Even if we get Juiston, I wouldn't mind a guy like that.
Isn't that what we get with Juiston? More upside in that he's bigger and hopefully more impactful as a starter

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
any chance he's being recruited as a walk-on that would back up Juiston, but get a scholarship if we don't fill up?

Reason I ask with four to fill including Shayok we still need a grad transfer wing.

That gives us two spots for forwards and I'm not sure he'd start even if we don't get anyone else.

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'd think we'd go similar to last year and Babb would be starting at the 4 if that were case. I think Beverly is solid but not a big 12 starter, in a Bowie role of the bench, he'd be a great fit. A bench of Long, Lewis, Lard, McNeil and Kasongo has virtually no experience, having a grad kid would be huge.

Even if 4 guards is your best lineup, it's often better to start two big guys. Reason being you want your four guard lineup to be on the court after the other team has started substituting. Big guys tire quickly, and you can usually play your 4 guard lineups a lot against their backups who aren't as capable of taking advantage against a smaller guy.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
any chance he's being recruited as a walk-on that would back up Juiston, but get a scholarship if we don't fill up?

Reason I ask with four to fill including Shayok we still need a grad transfer wing.

That gives us two spots for forwards and I'm not sure he'd start even if we don't get anyone else.
There's still 3 spots to fill, long ways to go.

Let's just say, if Prohm has to decide between Beverly and Marrow for the final scholarship, then that's a very good problem to have.

As it is, if either Brown or Juiston don't commit, then there's likely an invitation to Beverly.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

Why is it so hard to understand that ALL teams recruit more players than scholarships they have. He's a fall back in case we don't get Juiston.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Why is it so hard to understand that ALL teams recruit more players than scholarships they have. He's a fall back in case we don't get Juiston.

That's not my point. I don't see him as a starter even if we don't sign anyone else. That's why I question the possible scenario he's a walk-on unless we have an opening. Plus the other schools are NM and texts st. Having Texas st in the same list as us also raises the question. We don't have to agree on everything just raising the possibility.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think people are getting a little too hung up on his 3 point shooting at UTSA. At TA&MCC he shot over 40% (.413) on a limited number of attempts (46 or 1.4 a game in less than 20 minutes a game). I don't expect he would shoot 40% in the Big 12, but I don't expect that he would shoot in the low 20's either since he wouldn't be asked to carry the load by any stretch of the imagination. If he could hit a third of his shots from 3 that would be enough to keep defenders honest and open up driving, passing and offensive rebounding opportunities.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
He looks like a guy that could be the 2nd or 3rd guy off the bench. You put him in, let him get a couple of shots up and roll with him if he has a hot hand. If not, it's the bench for the rest of the game.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy and Doc

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
He looks like a guy that could be the 2nd or 3rd guy off the bench. You put him in, let him get a couple of shots up and roll with him if he has a hot hand. If not, it's the bench for the rest of the game.

Hard to say at this point. He could flourish with better coaching and better players around him.

• Optimistic
Reactions: isutrevman