Jess Settles...

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I didn't mind the Central Florida dude. The broadcast had a few awkward pauses but he did his homework for the most part.
You always go in a little guarded when it's a former player of the team that you're playing, but he called it straight up and I was impressed with that. Not an easy thing to pull off.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
You always go in a little guarded when it's a former player of the team that you're playing, but he called it straight up and I was impressed with that. Not an easy thing to pull off.

You wonder if ESPN puts them in those situations so they can grade them on their professionalism.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Love Jess calling our games, hope ESPN keeps him around for a long time. Dude lives in Pella so easy drive to Hilton, should be doing our games all the time.

Reactions: Yellow Snow

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
I assume you are talking about when ISU went 4 low late in the game, with Curtis replacing Tamin at the up top when Lipsey drove? He called that play exactly and well in advance.

I would bet he has sat in on a couple practices and seen them go over that. The announcers also sit right across from the coaches. He may have seen TJ or an assistant holler at Curtis that he was replacing.
He actually did it twice. The first time was when he called Rob to come up and replace and roll, with Tamin going to the rim, and again later when he called out both baseline block guys coming up to screen.

Reactions: 67CY and FerShizzle

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron