*** March MATness Thread ***

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I think him and Helfin were on similar training methods.

HGH

Though in Carter's case I don't begrudge it. Injury recovery is a different situation than jumping 23 pounds.
That one made me laugh pretty good!

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Just to let everyone know... Dont listen to a word I say because obviously I have no idea how to pick winners or maybe I just wanna see some upsets who knows Read at your Own Caution!

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
As an aside, ESPN has had amazing coverage this year and I hope they keep it up going forward. I don't know if I could ask for a better job from them beyond some questionable announcers.

And Iowa State has no room to talk when it comes to questionable announcers.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
So it wont happen, but how insane would it be if OK state pulled this off with 3 guys pulling bonus points!?!? (Mathematically it is possible, but real life not) (ps again dont listen to anything I say)

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
As an aside, ESPN has had amazing coverage this year and I hope they keep it up going forward. I don't know if I could ask for a better job from them beyond some questionable announcers.

And Iowa State has no room to talk when it comes to questionable announcers.

I'd like ESPNU master split screen/multiple matches at a time

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Alright everyone.... If there is one match that is going to create some fireworks it's this next one. NESS has to get bonus points/fall (just going to assume after my horrible selection taylor is going to win and probbly get bonus)

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
Ness is definitely capable. In the dual vs. Iowa he came back from like a 3 or 4 point deficit against St. John with seconds left in the match.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Alright everyone.... If there is one match that is going to create some fireworks it's this next one. NESS has to get bonus points/fall (just going to assume after my horrible selection taylor is going to win and probbly get bonus)

Probably in his benefit that Nelson lost. If Taylor had to push for bonus Caldwell might have been able to catch him in something. If Taylor just has to win he'll be much more relaxed.

Also depends on how Caldwell approaches the match. If he says" **** it, win or go home" he'll try stuff and maybe get pinned. If he just goes to minimize points he should be able to keep it close.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron