McD post game interview

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Reporting...........That can or can't involve investigating. For the purpose of a nightly 2 minutes of news time, how much investigating are they really going to invest?

Just looking at it like I'd have to pay for it, why would I invest resources in something that will get so little air time?

The TV media just reports, but I would expect the print and online media to investigate something that serious a little more...

I hadn't actually HEARD it until just recently and it sounded worse than it reads. Mac kinda chuckles, which says to me Colvin is a lost cause...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I hadn't actually HEARD it until just recently and it sounded worse than it reads. Mac kinda chuckles, which says to me Colvin is a lost cause...

I kinda wish I knew more about the situation. Has Mac lost control, or does Colvin think he's above the team? If it's the latter, he either needs to be put in his place, or shown the door. Players like that KILL teams.

He's a freshman who hasn't earned squat to this point in time besides minutes here and there.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
So is Colvin currently with the team in Chicago or with his family? If he is not with the team right now I would give him almost no chance of making it back to Ames and starting the second semester on Monday.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
We need to figure something out, because i know every single one of the players on the team is frustrated. As long with us fans

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Doesn't matter if it was addressed previously in private or not. Simply cannot call out players in the media and expect them to play hard for you or stick around. McDermott made a huge mistake in his radio interview last night. If Colvin leaves for another school and we have a poor showing in the Big 12 this season again it will be the end of McDermott's tenure at ISU.

So we want Mac to poop in a towel and have them run sprints non-stop but he can't call out a player to man up on the radio? What if he deserved it and what if that's what gets his *** in gear.

Reactions: kilgore_trout

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
I hope people on this board don't start blaming Brackins. I think we tend to forget he chose ISU when he could have had a few million in the bank right now. IMHO Craig has been a tremendous ambassador for ISU since he arrived at campus. There is a tremendous amount of pressure on Craig right now. The team is not winning like he had hoped and he is not getting enough touches of the ball in positions where he can score. It has to be hard for Craig to see his NBA stock dropping while Wesley Johnson is predicted to be a top five pick.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I hope people on this board don't start blaming Brackins. I think we tend to forget he chose ISU when he could have had a few million in the bank right now. IMHO Craig has been a tremendous ambassador for ISU since he arrived at campus. There is a tremendous amount of pressure on Craig right now. The team is not winning like he had hoped and he is not getting enough touches of the ball in positions where he can score. It has to be hard for Craig to see his NBA stock dropping while Wesley Johnson is predicted to be a top five pick.

He's gotta see it as an opportunity. He's got a chance to pick his team up right now and carry them, he just has to do it. He's the face of the program whether he likes it or not.

kilgore_trout

Nov 10, 2006
Madison, WI
i think mac should give it a try. i heard the poop in a towel thing works.

So we want Mac to poop in a towel and have them run sprints non-stop but he can't call out a player to man up on the radio? What if he deserved it and what if that's what gets his *** in gear.