McD post game interview

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Anyone think it's beyond the realm of possibility that McDermott advised his son to go to UNI because he wasn't sure he'd be at ISU during his entire college career?

I have no way of knowing but I honestly believe this played at least a small factor in the decision.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
the good ol days

Hilton.jpg

Then and now
JTWAFJWQZFPFSYS.20090116235126.jpg

Ok I am pushung the envelope a little

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Part of our coach's job is to manage egos. If Colvin leaves it's clear McD is over his head with that part of his job.
LE, would you come back? We need a leader.

Yep, that would sure work, because we all know that LE never had many problems with players transferring.......oh, wait a minute......

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Part of our coach's job is to manage egos. If Colvin leaves it's clear McD is over his head with that part of his job.

Yep, that would sure work, because we all know that LE never had many problems with players transferring.......oh, wait a minute......

There's a Powerful answer to that idea :wink:

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com

That would be awesome! Maybe we could get Ricky Morgan or Tim Barnes to be our point guard, too! Larry can't handle Southern Miss.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
There has not been a sell-out at Hilton since the ISU Basketball Centennial Celebration against Nebraska on February 16th, 2008. Not a single sell-out last year or this -- even against Iowa or KU -- very sad.

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
There has not been a sell-out at Hilton since the ISU Basketball Centennial Celebration against Nebraska on February 16th, 2008. Not a single sell-out last year or this -- even against Iowa or KU -- very sad.

Half is having an entertaining product and the other half is winning. We have a half of those 2, well maybe a quarter of one of them.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
As a coach you just CAN'T call a player out like that in public. Whether McDermott is telling the truth or not you just can't handle it through the media. Coaches preach "what happens here stays in the lockerroom" all the time and then McDermott calls out Colvin on a post game radio show? Makes no sense.

I would agree if this is the first time that the problem areas have been addressed. If I were betting, however, I would assume that these issues have been addressed repeatedly at practice, team meetings, and one-on-one sessions. If you don't get the proper response, you try other avenues. I don't buy that the desires of the coaching staff were first communicated in a radio interview.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
I would agree if this is the first time that the problem areas have been addressed. If I were betting, however, I would assume that these issues have been addressed repeatedly at practice, team meetings, and one-on-one sessions. If you don't get the proper response, you try other avenues. I don't buy that the desires of the coaching staff were first communicated in a radio interview.
Doesn't matter if it was addressed previously in private or not. Simply cannot call out players in the media and expect them to play hard for you or stick around. McDermott made a huge mistake in his radio interview last night. If Colvin leaves for another school and we have a poor showing in the Big 12 this season again it will be the end of McDermott's tenure at ISU.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Doesn't matter if it was addressed previously in private or not. Simply cannot call out players in the media and expect them to play hard for you or stick around. McDermott made a huge mistake in his radio interview last night. If Colvin leaves for another school and we have a poor showing in the Big 12 this season again it will be the end of McDermott's tenure at ISU.

I don't usually like it, but I'm not sure there are coaches that haven't done it.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
So, it's almost a full day since the comment and nobody has gotten a follow up from McDermott yet... Why does the media coddle him so much?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
So, it's almost a full day since the comment and nobody has gotten a follow up from McDermott yet... Why does the media coddle him so much?

He is stuck in the windy city and the media made it home. Maybe the rag is out of cellphone minutes.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Well the coaches have to change things up to figure out how to get the ball to Craig more, but the rest of the players need to get off their freaking high horse and play as a ******* team!!! Lucca needs to get himself open, if not get someone in there that can. Ham is doing a good job I think. Coach is calling out his team, well coach you should not be in that position to begin with. Whatever is going on needs to stop because it is childish and embarassing on everyone's part ******* grow up!! One thing i hate more is a team pointing fingers and not being accountable for each one's action, you are going to make mistakes it happens learn from it correct it do not get in each other's **** about it help each other, play as a team each one of you need to count on each other to be successful and this includes the coaches too.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Is that really the job of the media? I would hope not.

Reporting...........That can or can't involve investigating. For the purpose of a nightly 2 minutes of news time, how much investigating are they really going to invest?

Just looking at it like I'd have to pay for it, why would I invest resources in something that will get so little air time?