McD post game interview

cystud

Apr 15, 2006
I think I heard that one. Is it the one that involves him accidentally swallowing an animal whole and it coming out alive?

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Anyone think it's beyond the realm of possibility that McDermott advised his son to go to UNI because he wasn't sure he'd be at ISU during his entire college career?

That thought had definitely crossed my mind...

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
The TV media just reports, but I would expect the print and online media to investigate something that serious a little more...

I hadn't actually HEARD it until just recently and it sounded worse than it reads. Mac kinda chuckles, which says to me Colvin is a lost cause...

Coach Mac:
He did some great things off the floor but some of his antics off the floor have got to change,â€￾ McDermott said. “If they don’t change, I am not sure that it is going to work. I am just going to be honest with you. He is a very talented player. But this is a team sport. We’ve got a few guys who don’t understand that all of the time. It is our job to get that through.

The fact that he obviously meant to say "...great things on the floor but some of his antics off the floor..." and screwed it up tells me that he had completely planned out what he was going to say, it wasn't a spur of the moment thing. Of course, if you heard John Walters' question, you realize that the answer had nothing to do with what was asked anyways and he was just trying to fit his planned statement into the postgame. Why, I'm not sure. Pre-emptive damage control?

Reactions: isucy1234

fcmc

Mar 18, 2009
Urbandale
I guess watching us beat Kansas for the last Big 8 title wasn't much fun for you.
Or maybe watching us clock UCLA in the NCaa tourney was sort of dull.
Yeah, it's much more fun wondering if we're going to be as good as Baylor this year.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I hadn't actually HEARD it until just recently and it sounded worse than it reads. Mac kinda chuckles, which says to me Colvin is a lost cause...

So does this mean this is now on the player and not the coach?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I guess watching us beat Kansas for the last Big 8 title wasn't much fun for you.
Or maybe watching us clock UCLA in the NCaa tourney was sort of dull.
Yeah, it's much more fun wondering if we're going to be as good as Baylor this year.

Do you ever post anything in regards to the subjects on hand?:confused:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

The leader doesnt have to be the star. For some reason I think a guy like Christoperson can be the leader of this team. He was out there last night trying to make things happen and he seems to understand what is expected out of him. I wish he could see more mins so he can get into the flow better of what is going on and become that leader, this team needs. Your leader cannot be sitting on the bench 30 mins a game.