MLB: ***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Season Thread***

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Waino one of my all time favorites and a great Cardinal, I would like to have seen in retire with Albert and Yadi

• Agree
Reactions: CyCrazy

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Turns out Albert has been key in the push since the All-Star break. Playing every day against righty’s & lefties in the 2nd half got him going instead of sitting most of the time when he only pinch hit against left handers in the first half of the season. What a STUD hitter and deserves every accolade he gets. Love Waino & Yadi, two consummate pros. Yadi showing his age and Waino struggling now but never count those two out when it’s money time in the playoffs.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Is Tommy Edman hurt? I hope that’s why they keep running DeYoung out there with his .150 average. Assume Arenado also being held out for a rest unless he is hurt too.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Is Tommy Edman hurt? I hope that’s why they keep running DeYoung out there with his .150 average. Assume Arenado also being held out for a rest unless he is hurt too.
I don't know but was wondering the same. They're not on any injury report although those typically come later in the day. May have to wait until the broadcast/telecast to get any information.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Arenado felt something in quad yesterday. Doesn't sound serious. Just resting out of precaution. I didn't hear anything specific about Edman but it sounds like they're just resting him.

Just in: Helsley had to leave the game w/jammed R finger. Hopefully will be okay by Friday.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Pujols had a fantastic last half to go out in style. Yadi struggled to gain his old juice and played probably less than half of the innings. Waino ran out of gas in September but had a good year. All three probably would never have pulled it off without support from each other. They had a great finish to long careers and went out on top winning another division title.

Reactions: simply1 and CyCrazy

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
It will certainly be strange not seeing any of those 3 out there.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I’m curious, does anyone have a list of the current free agents? I don’t suppose anyone will talk much about it until after the World Series, but I was wondering.

I seem to remember from the two late trades that the pitcher they picked up from the Yankees Montgomery) had a year or two left on his contract, but the one they got from the Pirates (Quintana) had only signed a one year deal.

Aside from that, I seem to hazily recall a mention sometime that Mikolas was a FA after the season, but that’s about it. Oh, and before he got hurt, people were talking about Flaherty was due a big payday?

That’s about all I got, aside from Arenado’s last potential opt out. Any help, anyone?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I’m curious, does anyone have a list of the current free agents? I don’t suppose anyone will talk much about it until after the World Series, but I was wondering.

I seem to remember from the two late trades that the pitcher they picked up from the Yankees Montgomery) had a year or two left on his contract, but the one they got from the Pirates (Quintana) had only signed a one year deal.

Aside from that, I seem to hazily recall a mention sometime that Mikolas was a FA after the season, but that’s about it. Oh, and before he got hurt, people were talking about Flaherty was due a big payday?

That’s about all I got, aside from Arenado’s last potential opt out. Any help, anyone?
This should answer all your questions.,

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Do you have any more by way of explanation? Does "opts-in" mean he's staying with the Cardinals?
Yes, he had two opt outs on the contract opportunities under the contract he signed with the Rockies, He is just informing the Cardinals that he is refusing the last opt out, and will stay in St. Louis for the next five seasons.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I’m hopeful that Arenado’s decision to opt in after speaking with Mo means Mo promised they’re gonna spend to try to win. Mo has already said publicly that the payroll will increase for 2023.

The best and splashiest way to show a commitment to higher spending is to add Willson Contreras in free agency.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron