*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Well, I have refrained from sharing until now. He had a virtual recruiting visit scheduled w/ my relative & his father. CSP was no show/ no call. Didn't have the f-ing decency to call to apologize. So the nice guy thing doesn't work for me either.

Are you comfortable sharing with us who your relative is?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Disagree completely. He spent a while talking to us at the 2018 Tailgate Tour. Everyone else was in line to see Campbell after the breakout 2017 Football season so I think he appreciated it and didn’t seemed “above us” at all. I mentioned we had been trying to get basketball season tickets (since at that time they were completely sold out) and Prohm told me to email him and he would get us 2 tickets to a game of our choice. That was an extremely kind offer but didn’t take him up on it. Say what you want about the on the court performance at ISU but he is a great guy and will (and deserves to) get another shot somewhere else. His time has passed at ISU but he will go mid major and have success.

With these last two years, he doesn't deserve anything anywhere.

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
Well, I have refrained from sharing until now. He had a virtual recruiting visit scheduled w/ my relative & his father. CSP was no show/ no call. Didn't have the f-ing decency to call to apologize. So the nice guy thing doesn't work for me either.
was that this year. if so he probably knew his was a goner

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I mean, some of us knew 20 losses were coming back when the season started. None of this was a mystery. This guy shouldn't have had this year to begin with. 20 game losers are 20 game losers because they stink.
After last year i said i didnt think we had 10 wins on the schedule and very few people thought it could be that bad. People were talking about being .500 or maybe making the ncaa. I knew that was ridiculous, because CSP wasnt going to be able to assemble all the new pieces into anything.

But my god, 2 and 20. Unfathomable.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Even IF we fire Prohm (God I hope so), what coach would willingly come here to coach this rock-bottom program?

oh please. Coaches know we are a basketball school and bring it with fans. Plenary of coaches will want to come coach at Iowa State. That arguement was one we used for football and it was realistic. However, basketball can be turned around very quick and with our basketball crazy fan base, we will get a good one

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
After last year i said i didnt think we had 10 wins on the schedule and very few people thought it could be that bad. People were talking about being .500 or maybe making the ncaa. I knew that was ridiculous, because CSP wasnt going to be able to assemble all the new pieces into anything.

But my god, 2 and 20. Unfathomable.

But not as unfathomable as 2-21 or 2-22. :)

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Even IF we fire Prohm (God I hope so), what coach would willingly come here to coach this rock-bottom program?

Pittsburgh is referenced above, and after a horrible year with Kevin Stallings when they finished defeated in the ACC they are on a slow but sure road back to respectability with Jeff Capel. ISU still has a solid pedigree, plays in a top conference, has a passionate fanbase, and Hilton Magic is dormant for now but can be re-ignited with the right hire. Remember, it was just two years ago when we won the Big 12 tournament and had a top 6 seed in the NCAA tournament. The last two seasons have been frightfully awful, but the program still has a lot of potential.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Our program is not rock bottom. We’re having poor seasons because of a coach. There are coaches interested. We have a ton of things going for us as a whole basketball program outside of this year and last year.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Plenty. We still offer a top notch environment and support for the program. Even this bad, basketball is a sport that can be turned around quickly. Especially with loosened transfer rules.

Hell, with a better coach this team probably wouldn't be in last place.