*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
After last year i said i didnt think we had 10 wins on the schedule and very few people thought it could be that bad. People were talking about being .500 or maybe making the ncaa. I knew that was ridiculous, because CSP wasnt going to be able to assemble all the new pieces into anything.

But my god, 2 and 20. Unfathomable.

I thought early on that 20 was pretty likely, but there was an off chance of stopping at 18 or 19.
It wasn't until KSU took it to us at Hilton that I saw running the table as a guarantee.
And it's 2-21. We finish 2-22 on Wednesday, with ISU's worst winning % season ever.

Thankfully, though, we did nothing to develop the freshmen. If they're any good, we have no idea, and probably don't see 2 or 3 of them return.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I understand other posters using dark humor as a coping mechanism, but man, as a lifelong fan who grew up going to Hilton Coliseum to watch my beloved Cyclones play as part of my childhood, this really, really f*cking sucks to be this bad. Almost brings me to tears, to be honest.

I have the same feelings, but what I'm now most angry about is what could have been with the teams he inherited from Hoiberg. We now know how bad he is. A good coach could have taken those Monte teams to much greater heights.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
wow. there is no excuse for that anytime. no wonder there seems to be a lack of communication between team and coaching

I have a brother that's in coaching and I remember him texting me that the coach to player connection seemed off even in his first year at ISU. Was one of those things that can be easier to pick up on when you're in that world as I couldn't really tell just from TV.

I also didn't attend games and maybe the little things off camera would have been more obvious.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
I know Jared was being a good guy in this line in the article but I suspect it will be a relief to be done for everyone in the program. “Iowa State will look to extend its season on Wednesday when it plays Oklahoma in the first round of the Big 12 Tournament in Kansas City.”

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron