<<Official Movie Talk Thread>>

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Robert Pattinson is slowly becoming one of my favorite male leads. He has done so many different, unique, and frankly-difficult roles in his time since the teen heart-throb days in Harry Potter and Twilight. There are certainly movies I've seen of his recently that I haven't loved, but his performances almost always seem to live up to my expectations. Still upset I haven't seen The Lighthouse, and can't wait for TeneT

Robert Pattinson was in Harry Potter?????? Who knew?? Granted, I'm not exactly a big Potter person, but I have at least seen all of the movies.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Robert Pattinson was in Harry Potter?????? Who knew?? Granted, I'm not exactly a big Potter person, but I have at least seen all of the movies.
Yep! Cedric Diggory (sp?) in the 4th one, where they have the wizard tournament. Pattinson was the other Hogwarts wizard.

robert-pattinson-daniel-radcliffe-harry-potter-and-the-goblet-of-fire-warner-bros.jpg

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Pattinson was absolutely bonkers in The King. It's hilarious.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Planning to see Just Mercy this weekend.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Ford v. Ferrari was easily the best film of 2019.

Old, dead franchises from the early 1980s need to die.

Gimme more movies like that one. Damon and Bale were incredible. I know Bale has quite the career going and already won Best Supporting Actor for The Fighter, but his portrayal of Ken Miles is going to stick with me forever. He should win another.

Easily the best film I have seen since Get Out.

Bale is up there with Penn and DD Lewis as the best actors we've had in a long, long time IMO.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Bale is up there with Penn and DD Lewis as the best actors we've had in a long, long time IMO.

Bale is making a heck of a case that he deserves DDL's championship belt for the greatest active male actor out there now that Lewis seems retired.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone and Gonzo

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Still knocking off Oscar movies and several to go, but we saw 'Parasite' and it was pretty amazing. Definitely the best we've seen so far, definitely worthy of Best Pic and Best Director. Still need to see '1917', 'Ford v. Ferrari', 'Joker', 'Irishmen', 'Marriage Story', and 'JoJo Rabbit'. Honestly think it's going to come down to 'Parasite' and 'JoJo Rabbit' as my two favorites.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
If I were an Academy voter, here is how I'd vote the nine movies up for Best Pic:

1-Jojo Rabbit
2-Once Upon A Time...in Hollywood
3-Parasite
4-Ford v Ferrari
5-1917
6-The Irishman
7-Joker

8-Marriage Story

9-Little Women

Movies 1-3 can be interchanged really. Love those three.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I really want this to be good but I'm afraid it will fail like most of the sequels that are done decades after the original.

giphy.gif

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
The Last Black Man in San Francisco was a really good movie. It's on Amazon Prime right now. As is Midsommar which I need to rewatch.
Watched TLBMiSF on the plane last week and really really enjoyed it. I had only seen a few trailers/articles circulating around it, which I am surprised by in hindsight. Really well done and the acting wass great.

• Agree
Reactions: Cybyassociation

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Saw JoJo Rabbit and absolutely loved it!! One of my favorite movies I've seen in quite a while.

I also have seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and I'm not sure that even deserved a nomination honestly. Very boring until the last 5 mins. The movie went nowhere.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Saw JoJo Rabbit and absolutely loved it!! One of my favorite movies I've seen in quite a while.

I also have seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and I'm not sure that even deserved a nomination honestly. Very boring until the last 5 mins. The movie went nowhere.

The more I think about Jojo the more I love it. I get why some may not like it but I am not in that camp. It's one of my favorite movies of the past few years no question. I just wish Jojo's little portly friend was in it more. He was hysterical.

• Agree
Reactions: Gonzo

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
The more I think about Jojo the more I love it. I get why some may not like it but I am not in that camp. It's one of my favorite movies of the past few years no question. I just wish Jojo's little portly friend was in it more. He was hysterical.

Both Yorki and Klezendorf had some great lines.

• Agree
Reactions: dahliaclone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Saw Bad Boys for Life here recently and I'm not gonna lie, that was a pretty fun ride that had me laughing quite a bit. Is it anything too new and world-breaking? Naw, but it does a pretty good job of giving you want you want and expect from another Bad Boys movie.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Saw "Knives Out" this weekend. Great movie, Daniel Craig is amazing. Highly recommend.

Finally saw this over the weekend. I wanted to catch it in theaters, but no such luck.

That was a fun ride. There was a good amount of intrigue while never taking itself too seriously. The cast was really well chosen. Craig was solid. I couldn't figure out how I knew Micheal Shannon until my wife goes "Is that General Zod?"