Pac-12 to decide whether to expand within a couple weeks

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Does UCLA have covid restrictions for fans? I know LA College teams don't draw that well, but that seems poor even for them.

Reactions: jmb

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Does UCLA have covid restrictions for fans? I know LA College teams don't draw that well, but that seems poor even for them.
UCLA doesn't start school for almost another month, so that might have a little to do with it.

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I think this what frustrates me more than anything. Just because UCLA is in LA they will always be fine, yet no one cares about their sports as seen below. How about we look at programs who actually have fans not just a big name or in a good media market. Even when we were horrible Jack Trice was 75% full.

To be fair, that doesnt appear to be an in-game photo.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Problem is how do you get the conferences to give up control. They have all the power and I don’t know how that ends. Much like the difficulty ending the dynasty of archaic bowl industry a lot of jobs and money going to people that won’t want to give it up. Universities would have to act independent of conferences but also collectively to make a change. I don’t see it happening without lawmakers or regulators forcing a new structure.

Conferences don't have power. The 2-3 elite programs at the top have POWER. As long as Ohio State, USC, Alabama, Clemson are willing go along, all is good and stable within the P5 Conferences.

As we saw with OU & UT- when the elites get greedy, the conference drops down a couple pegs.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Conferences don't have power. The 2-3 elite programs at the top have POWER. As long as Ohio State, USC, Alabama, Clemson are willing go along, all is good and stable within the P5 Conferences.

As we saw with OU & UT- when the elites get greedy, the conference drops down a couple pegs.
Very unfortunate the Big 12 powers have long had self-esteem issues. And in UT’s case, poor for a decade

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
It is a hot day in LA today. I don’t blame people for not wanting to bake in the sun. And people there don’t care about college football
Make all the excuses you want, but I dont think I have ever seen Jack Trice that emty, not even close. In the days of our worst teams, in games with the worst weather, even a blizzard more people showed up. People just make excuses. This is a bad look, and the problem with the PAC.

Reactions: ILikeBacon

Help Support Us

Become a patron