Status
Not open for further replies.

heshwar

Apr 11, 2006
Already been stated but...

Bold type for unread threads

top of page way too cluttered...1 or 2 less bars o' stuff would be better. 1 bar for navigation, counter, logo etc. and one bar for advertisements

I have a 22" monitor and there are still 4 bars of stuff across the top and I can only see the first post of a thread.

Home page looks great. Keep up the good work.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
...I noticed I've lost between 20-25 posts.
Most notably the (basketball poll) Thread I started ~Name your starting 5~ remember?

All of the threads since Thursday will be moved over from the old site, hopefully by Wednesday. They are not here currently.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
One "complaint" I would have is that I like to renew the front page of the forums by clicking on the Cyclone Fanatic logo, which now takes you to the new front page. I would like to see forums a bit more prominent on the top, although this could just be an adjustment issue.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
Three things.

1. Find grayer from the old CN and get him posting again.
2. Same for Lenny--leave your phone number and he'll call it.
3. Roger Sprauge. Get him or I leave.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Agree with these comments. The previous font was easier to read (or conversely, the new font is difficult to read, for me anyway).
I'm not going to read the whole thread to see if this was answered, but I concur that the old font was much easier on the eyes, presumably because it was bigger. This is something that I would very much like changed.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Will the fourm bars stay dark blue? Where on the old site they went light blue after you viewed it and then went back to dark after some one else posted on that fourm?

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Another observation after clicking around for a while - The information seems rather "scattered" so to speak. In the old forum everything tended to be in one place. Now with the separate content pages for things like football, basketball, and recruiting, there is a lot of substantive information that does not seem to be linked to the forum.

I rather like being able to go to one spot (The main CF page) and be able to get the low-down on anything important that was going on. Now I fear that much of the news may end up only in the other content-based portions of the site such that one would have to click around to find it and then end up searching around on the forum for a thread related to it, if there is one.

I'm not sure quite how this would work, but perhaps much of the content could be kept within the forum framework, such that the articles would be the first post of a thread. Another possibility might be to have links from articles to related threads, or vise versa.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
Looks good, from what I've been able to look at so far.

Perhaps this has already been addressed, but Is it possible to bring back RSS feeds?
I work at a place that blocks all "social networking" sites. At one point, I could use the RSS feeds to allow my iGoogle to show me the most recent CF posts.
Is it possible to bring this back?

Edit: Never mind, I just found the RSS feed, not I just need to get that CycloneFanatic iGoogle Widget back.

Edit 2: I just created an iGoogle Widget for Cyclone Fanatic. Hopefully I didn't just violate any rules.

Last edited:

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Another observation after clicking around for a while - The information seems rather "scattered" so to speak. In the old forum everything tended to be in one place. Now with the separate content pages for things like football, basketball, and recruiting, there is a lot of substantive information that does not seem to be linked to the forum.

I rather like being able to go to one spot (The main CF page) and be able to get the low-down on anything important that was going on. Now I fear that much of the news may end up only in the other content-based portions of the site such that one would have to click around to find it and then end up searching around on the forum for a thread related to it, if there is one.

I'm not sure quite how this would work, but perhaps much of the content could be kept within the forum framework, such that the articles would be the first post of a thread. Another possibility might be to have links from articles to related threads, or vise versa.

I plan on linking every article I write here on the forums. Thanks for your input.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
I would just say that I think your red is too cold. Needs to be a warmer red throughout the site to match the current colors better. Also when you gradient a red solid and screen to zero, it goes pink...not good. May consider including more of our gold color and gradianting them into each other? Might get rid of the pink and add more gold.

Z.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Maybe it is mentioned elsewhere in this thread but there is nothing to indicate that I've read a thread. It appears new always (bold).

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
1st... I still don't completely understand why I get this at home and on my blackberry, but NOT at work... confused on that.

2nd... Why is Kaldenberg Consulting a sponsor? Shouldn't we hold some standards as to not let die hard, crazy hawk fans be sponsors?

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
How come my photo's are gone in the avatar and sig area? Also, the system won't let me upload new photo's either? Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone, Anyone????

Z

EDIT: WORKING NOW>>>>COOL!

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Another thing to keep in mind guys - only about 1/3rd of the functionality that you've come to know is out of the box programming, most was done over a period of time by me and isn't exactly easy to test against in a big change like this. Lots of CSS conflicts, PHP & Perl issues, permission handling errors, query/SQL considerations, etc that are all being worked on by Chris' team based on the feedback from the users. All of those features and functions will be incorporated to varrying degrees based on how they get things to mesh together. It's not a glamorous or easy process but in the end it'll all come together.

Reactions: superdorf
Status
Not open for further replies.