Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
Hopefully...don't want to over promise here. I'll let everyone know when I know something concrete.
I think that what coachdags is saying is he'll personally replenish CFer's missing credits from his own stash of 80 gajillion billion credits. :wink:

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
I really liked how when viewing thread titles on the main pages, it would be bold if there was a post in it you hadn't read, but would un-bold if there hadn't been any new posts since you had last read it. I am not seeing any non-bold threads right now. This was one of my favorite features of the pre-changed board.

Sorry if already posted.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Well, as of midnight last night, I have been stuck on the old site back at home... Made for a boring evening...

Question: Will posts made since the switch on the old site be transferred here? I'm guessing not.

Hopefully I'll be switched over at home. Won't know until later...

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
Due to the larger number of threads displayed on the main forums page, I think a link to recent threads on the bottom of the page would be beneficial. It's a minor thing, but if I'm looking for a specific thread, after scrolling all the way down, it seems silly that I have to go all the way back up to the top to find it.

hort4cy

Jun 29, 2006
Randalia, IA
Please don't turn this into cyclones.com light. There sure seems to be a lot going on and I can already notice that it loads slower than before (but not as ridiculously slow as cyclones.com).

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Please don't turn this into cyclones.com light. There sure seems to be a lot going on and I can already notice that it loads slower than before (but not as ridiculously slow as cyclones.com).

IMO, this is a fair point. I talked to Chris last night before the game and some about CF. The clutter is one of the things I mentioned and they are aware of it. Hopefully we'll see a cleaner look in the future.

They do have to pay the bills though (aka, ads), otherwise there won't be cash around to retain a guy like Chris providing us with some great inside content.

drunkincy

Sep 2, 2009
Chris should do it for free....
haha
I like the new look. This site has single handly made me a better cyclone fan.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Well, as of midnight last night, I have been stuck on the old site back at home... Made for a boring evening...

Question: Will posts made since the switch on the old site be transferred here? I'm guessing not.

Hopefully I'll be switched over at home. Won't know until later...

Hopefully :wink: It sounds like hopefully everything will be moved over by Wednesday, but no promises.

I had been brought over to the new site around midday, then kicked back around 6:00 or so. I think that the DNS propogation is still happening - a lot will likely just depend on your ISP.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Just a couple more things:

1) When someone posts a link it is harder to make out in a post than previously.

2) When you get reputation it is hard to see because it blends in with the red. Previously there was an easier to see bold. Not sure how private messages are showing up yet, but it could be a similar issue (before there was a color change).

EDIT: I think the main issue with seeing the links may be font size. I boosted the size on my browser and it helped. Can the default font be a bit larger?

Last edited:

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
I think it might be a good idea to re-evaluate "moderator" status of some members. It seems to me as though one moderator in particular is overly impressed with his/her authority on the site and finds it necessary to use that authority just because he/she can!

Reactions: Psyclone Brian

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I think it might be a good idea to re-evaluate "moderator" status of some members. It seems to me as though one moderator in particular is overly impressed with his/her authority on the site and finds it necessary to use that authority just because he/she can!

If you have a problem with certain moderators, it would be wise to report posts. The post that was deleted was off-topic and sarcastic, and wholly inappropriate to the thread in question. Your use of jimlad belied that the post was intentionally not on topic. We do not have rogue moderators - things are discussed before action is taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron