Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think it might be a good idea to re-evaluate "moderator" status of some members. It seems to me as though one moderator in particular is overly impressed with his/her authority on the site and finds it necessary to use that authority just because he/she can!
crying_kid.jpg

Reactions: Angie

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Just noticed this, skimmed and didn't see it mentioned. Look at the top right hand corner under the My Cpanel. Just barely you can see the edge of some yellow text. It's actually the Register link...hidden by the personal info overlay.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Just noticed this, skimmed and didn't see it mentioned. Look at the top right hand corner under the My Cpanel. Just barely you can see the edge of some yellow text. It's actually the Register link...hidden by the personal info overlay.

Yeah, I think that thing has some sizing issues. In this forum, it also covers up the end of the thread name in the "Here you are" bar.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I haven't read this whole thing so some of my suggestions have probably already been made.

-More Gold on the design (too much cardinal)
-Fix avatars and sigs
-Fix the statistics below everyones name so its easier to see and read
-Bring back the "New Posts" link so I can see what's in the cave
-Make the post font black and links blue. They look the same right now.
-After viewing a thread and then clicking on the forum again, make the thread title unbold until there is a new post in it (I have no idea what I've looked at and what is new)

I'll be honest, I don't like the new design but I'm willing to give it a shot. I'd really like to see my last suggestion happen, I HATE not knowing what's new and what isn't.

Last edited:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
-After viewing a thread and then clicking on the forum again, make the thread title unbold until there is a new post in it (I have no idea what I've looked at and what is new)

I'll be honest, I don't like the new design but I'm willing to give it a shot. I'd really like to see my last suggestion happen, I HATE not knowing what's new and what isn't.

I agree this is annoying and IMO, should be an easy/quick fix. In the interim, you can tell which threads you've read and don't have a new post since you read it - because it won't have the small box with the green down arrow in front of the thread title.

FYI to anyone that isn't aware, by clicking on that small icon in front of the thread title, it takes you into the thread and directly to the first new post since you last read the thread.

The similar looking icon that exists next to the last post by username takes you to the end of the thread.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Just a couple more things:

1) When someone posts a link it is harder to make out in a post than previously.

2) When you get reputation it is hard to see because it blends in with the red. Previously there was an easier to see bold. Not sure how private messages are showing up yet, but it could be a similar issue (before there was a color change).

EDIT: I think the main issue with seeing the links may be font size. I boosted the size on my browser and it helped. Can the default font be a bit larger?

Easy solution on #2----Don't get reputation. Don't make good posts.

See, problem solved:yes:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
speaking of rep, how about we bring back neg rep. I'm fine if someone wants to tell me my post sucks. Plus, *everyone* thats posted enough has full positive rep.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
speaking of rep, how about we bring back neg rep. I'm fine if someone wants to tell me my post sucks. Plus, *everyone* thats posted enough has full positive rep.

Not everyone has your attitude - negative rep was an ENORMOUS headache for the mods when people continually complained about comments that they got.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Not everyone has your attitude - negative rep was an ENORMOUS headache for the mods when people continually complained about comments that they got.
fair enough, but perhaps complainers could get the standard 'quit whining' response. :biggrin:

Reactions: Angie

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Graphics problem

I have Vista and I always view in windows instead of full screen, When I narrow the window the menus and ad graphics run into each other and become jumbled.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
There used to be a choice on the main menu bar that led to a page where you could search all of the forums. I don't see that link now...

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
yeah, i just noticed that as well. yesterday that wasnt the case here, but i noticed that it did the same disappearing thing on HN... so wondering if this is intentional?

Status
Not open for further replies.