Podcast recommendations

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
The shear amount of podcast content out there is insane. What a time to be alive. I'd venture to guess a lot of adults spend far more time listening to podcasts than they do watching TV. I know I do, and it's not close.

Pretty much any average joe can start one, with very little investment or overheard. The Joe Rogan Experience is operated by 2 people, and gets several million views per episode. Compare that to a standard TV drama or sitcom with their dozens of cast, producers, sound people, editors, writers, show runners, sets, camera crew etc..... to get a fraction of the audience. It's pretty wild.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Anyone got any good history podcasts? Looking primarily for American Civil War stuff.

A little late to this but came to post a few more recs for podcasts. I’ve found the Noiser group does some really good ones. Along with the short history one below, Real Dictators and Real Narcos by them are great.

Short History of… - I’ve been burning through a ton of eps of this one. It’s an hour or two hitting a huge variety of historical topics. The recent ones I listened to are about the Aztecs, the real pirates of the Caribbean, the founding fathers and the gunpowder plot.

To Die For… - This one interviews a Russian sexpionage agent that is coming clean with her time with the FSB. The first half was super entertaining and the second half is coming this summer.

Also, Daniel Tosh is back with The Tosh Show. It’s just him interviewing completely random people but really good.

Reactions: NWICY

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
A little late to this but came to post a few more recs for podcasts. I’ve found the Noiser group does some really good ones. Along with the short history one below, Real Dictators and Real Narcos by them are great.

Short History of… - I’ve been burning through a ton of eps of this one. It’s an hour or two hitting a huge variety of historical topics. The recent ones I listened to are about the Aztecs, the real pirates of the Caribbean, the founding fathers and the gunpowder plot.

To Die For… - This one interviews a Russian sexpionage agent that is coming clean with her time with the FSB. The first half was super entertaining and the second half is coming this summer.

Also, Daniel Tosh is back with The Tosh Show. It’s just him interviewing completely random people but really good.
I absolutely love Noiser's Short History podcast. My friend put me onto them coming back from the Liberty Bowl, having completely lost my voice. We spent the entire drive in near silence, listening to them. I've been hooked ever since.

Reactions: AgronAlum

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
SVPod is back! Love this podcast. A bit sports adjacent rather than just about sports, but they are a great easy listen. Even my wife will tolerate it.

Reactions: CyDegen

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I absolutely love Noiser's Short History podcast. My friend put me onto them coming back from the Liberty Bowl, having completely lost my voice. We spent the entire drive in near silence, listening to them. I've been hooked ever since.
I’m not finding this. What exactly is it called or am I missing something?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I enjoy movie podcasts and true crime ones so anyone with some good recommendations in those areas I'd appreciate them.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I enjoy movie podcasts and true crime ones so anyone with some good recommendations in those areas I'd appreciate them.

Sword and Scale is the best true crime podcast I’ve found. I listen every other week when the free ones are released. They have a bunch more for premium subscribers.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I can’t remember if it was in this thread but I think it was Janny that mentioned The Confused Breakfast podcast. I haven’t listened in awhile but found it entertaining and well done. I think they are from Iowa.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I can’t remember if it was in this thread but I think it was Janny that mentioned The Confused Breakfast podcast. I haven’t listened in awhile but found it entertaining and well done. I think they are from Iowa.
yeah I found that on here awhile back so know that one well. Yeah they are from Eastern Iowa.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Rewatchables for movies if you aren't already.

I also really like Science Vs.

Reactions: mj4cy

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
In searching for specific movies and cases on Spotify I've come across many movie and true crime pods so will be interesting to see if many can come up with some I haven't encountered.

So far Argon has 1 point as I hadn't heard of his recommendation.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
In searching for specific movies and cases on Spotify I've come across many movie and true crime pods so will be interesting to see if many can come up with some I haven't encountered.

So far Argon has 1 point as I hadn't heard of his recommendation.

To Live and Die in LA was also decent. Two seasons of that one.