Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Looking for a cheap camera that takes ok pictures and can zoom back and in better than a cell phone. Wanting to hold it under a hundred bucks. Photos will get emailed so I will dial the pixels down to the lightest I can. Any suggestions?

Might also consider posting in the Photography thread, it hasn't been bumped for a while but it usually gets good feed back when it does.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Under a dollar left on my sports betting account. Bowl games and the NBA are dumb. Giving up on it for now. May pick it up again sometime but letting it go for now.

Realized last night that the new paint color is close enough to the color of the window coverings so she is going to want to change those too. Oh well...especially since she is now watching over my shoulder...Everyone say hi!

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I actually had plenty of rum but have been watching season 3 of madam secretary and cross stitching. Thug life over here

We should schedule you for a NC game in WBB next year. :rolleyes: The old men in the WBB forum think every opponent we play, especially the ones who play us close or beat us, all play cheatin' thug ball. It's actually quite embarrassing to me to read their posts.

Everything I read these guys posting it reminds me of a pick up game decades ago at State Gym. If I am "lean" today I was downright scrawny as a teen. In that game I am putting a body on this bigger guy and he is starting to get pissing and telling me I am fouling him. He was maybe shorter than me had so much weight on me I could hardly budge him yet he's thinking scrawny little old me is fouling him and cheating. The absurdity of it makes it something I still remember 50 years later. I bet he's one of the guys in the thread today.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Under a dollar left on my sports betting account. Bowl games and the NBA are dumb. Giving up on it for now. May pick it up again sometime but letting it go for now.

Realized last night that the new paint color is close enough to the color of the window coverings so she is going to want to change those too. Oh well...especially since she is now watching over my shoulder...Everyone say hi!
Hi Mrs. WX -- your husband is quite the character here on CF - always joking and keeping the mood light. Hope the new window coverings will be just what you want!

• Winner
Reactions: wxman1

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Looking for a cheap camera that takes ok pictures and can zoom back and in better than a cell phone. Wanting to hold it under a hundred bucks. Photos will get emailed so I will dial the pixels down to the lightest I can. Any suggestions?
I was thinking about this very thing this morning. Daughter going to South America this summer and I'm not sure how the whole cell phone (Verizon) in a foreign country thing is going to work. Instead of filling up the cell phone and being tempted to try to post them and email them when the memory is filling up it would probably be easier for her to have a little camera that takes better pics. I want her to have pics of Machu Picchu she can be proud of for the rest of her life.

Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We should schedule you for a NC game in WBB next year. :rolleyes: The old men in the WBB forum think every opponent we play, especially the ones who play us close or beat us, all play cheatin' thug ball. It's actually quite embarrassing to me to read their posts.

Everything I read these guys posting it reminds me of a pick up game decades ago at State Gym. If I am "lean" today I was downright scrawny as a teen. In that game I am putting a body on this bigger guy and he is starting to get pissing and telling me I am fouling him. He was maybe shorter than me had so much weight on me I could hardly budge him yet he's thinking scrawny little old me is fouling him and cheating. The absurdity of it makes it something I still remember 50 years later. I bet he's one of the guys in the thread today.
Skinny me always played quite physical (body only, no slapping) and never complained about physical play. Still play that way. We have a great group of guys at our Sunday night dads game but there is one guy who is always calling phantom fouls. Last time I was at the game he went ballistic when I was guarding him and we pinched down his driving lane before he could get there. He started yelling at the other guy who I pinched with about how he was going to hurt him and that wasn't necessary. I really wanted to tell him that if he was worried about getting hurt he should avoid committing a charge, but we really try to keep these games amicable. He makes it tough sometimes, though.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Hi, Mrs. Wxman! Are you ready for the big family move to Mpls? It's inevitable. I suggest somewhere close to me and it's proximity to New Hope airport or Eden Prairie, that's not too far way for me to drive and help with a plane build.

PS: Tell the Mister to make a New Years resolution to get in shape. ;)

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I remember pickup games in Beyer and State Gym.....seems like it was 10 minutes of playing, and then 15 minutes of arguing whether or not someone got fouled.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I've always found the term "passed away" annoying. Maybe okay for some old guy dying in his sleep at 90 in a nursing home but otherwise seems like a lame euphemism. Today's example was the young football player killed in a train accident story. He got killed, tragically at that, but it was killed and not "passed away". Even if he'd quietly and unexpectedly "expired" in his sleep it would still be "died" and not passed away. It's a euphemism out of control.

BTW, if I drop dead of a heart attack while biking I'll come back and haunt the hell of anyone that says I "passed away". God forbid you add "died doing what he loved" because then I'll comeback and haunt not just you but your entire extended families. Don't say you weren't warned. :rolleyes:
Generic:
kicked the bucket
bought the farm
pushing daisies
croaked
taking a dirt nap
crash and burn
giving up the ghost
checked out
six feet under
inspecting roots
bite the dust
going belly up
cashing in your chips
taking a one way ticket
stiff
past your expiration date
sleeping with the fishes
all she wrote
worm food

Cycling Specific:
endo to heaven
the last road rash
ate a bumper
said hello to the windshield
the big bonk
yard sale closeout

Reactions: BoxsterCy

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Kind of hard to keep it under $100. Maybe look at a Canon ELPH for about $120. It has an 8x optical zoom. Nice and small so it isn't as clunky to carry around

https://www.nfm.com/canon-powershot-elph-180-digital-camera-red

Reactions: BCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.