Rep question

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Remember "American Beauty?" Kevin Spacey's character?

"This will be the high point of my day; it's all downhill from here."

Is that the drain baby scene? I havent seen that in a looong time. The movie I mean.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I heard an interesting fact once... If you put a penny in a jar everytime that you had "relations" before you get married, and then take one out everytime after, you will never have an empty jar.:sad:

That actually is not true. You have a lot more married time if you get hitched young like I did. And for a little while when she decides she wants a baby, it is like "engaged" time again. But then it all ends again.

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
As long as this is a rep thread, has anyone else noticed that when you give positive rep to someone, their total actually goes down until you refresh the screen? I just thought that was weird. Or maybe it's just me.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
That actually is not true. You have a lot more married time if you get hitched young like I did. And for a little while when she decides she wants a baby, it is like "engaged" time again. But then it all ends again.

Thats how I got two kids. No more.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
As long as this is a rep thread, has anyone else noticed that when you give positive rep to someone, their total actually goes down until you refresh the screen? I just thought that was weird. Or maybe it's just me.

The total you see when you give rep is the amount of rep you increased them by.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN

I noticed that too, and wonder if the amount it shows is the amount your rep gives to them...

Anyone want to try and see??
:wink:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

At first I thought that was how many points it added to them, now I just think it is some weird random number.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
It cannot be the number, I have added it up and it was about half of what they really got. If I had any rep left to give today, I would test that.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
At first I thought that was how many points it added to them, now I just think it is some weird random number.

It is a random number.

I've written down the number the had, the number that pops up and the ending number.
The middle number is not the difference between the two other numbers.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
It cannot be the number, I have added it up and it was about half of what they really got. If I had any rep left to give today, I would test that.

I've been out of rep since noon - these off-topic threads always drain me

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Yup I just used Brian as a test subject... he had 537307 before. the number 36659 popped up and his new rep is 545189..

More of a random number then the amount added...