Shakur Juiston on njcaatv.com tonight

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
That's probably jumping to conclusions

Possibly, but we've seen this sort of recruitment play out before. We think we're in a good/great spot to land someone and then their recruitment takes a hard left turn. It was never going to be easy to get him here, especially with KU in the mix and with Bragg now gone. Recruiting is a fickle beast.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Possibly, but we've seen this sort of recruitment play out before. We think we're in a good/great spot to land someone and then their recruitment takes a hard left turn. It was never going to be easy to get him here, especially with KU in the mix and with Bragg now gone. Recruiting is a fickle beast.

Everyone knew Bragg was transferring. I don't think we're in any different spot than we were a week ago or a month ago

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
We have such a passionate fan base and a great home venue. Despite that we seem to never really get all the pieces we need for a deep run. Don't get me wrong, we get players, but there is always a missing piece. I felt our 2014 team had enough to get to the final 4, but freakin Niang got hurt. That was our best chance since 2000.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Everyone knew Bragg was transferring. I don't think we're in any different spot than we were a week ago or a month ago

Whether that's true or not, it's now 100% certain that a similar player is gone from their roster. I'm just saying that recruiting is all but impossible to predict, but it appears things are shaping up a little differently than how maybe we thought they would.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Whether that's true or not, it's now 100% certain that a similar player is gone from their roster. I'm just saying that recruiting is all but impossible to predict, but it appears things are shaping up a little differently than how maybe we thought they would.

I can guarantee you Juiston knew before today Bragg was transferring so it's not like their recruiting pitch is any different. That's all I'm saying

• Agree
Reactions: LLCoolCY

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Are you telling me that its hard to get players that other good schools actually want? I think he's been considered to be 50/50 at best all along. I don't see is that has changed at all.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Ehh. I think if Juiston was knowledgeable at all about the Bragg situation, then he would know that Bragg is either going to transfer out, or be behind himself on the depth chart next season.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
We have such a passionate fan base and a great home venue. Despite that we seem to never really get all the pieces we need for a deep run. Don't get me wrong, we get players, but there is always a missing piece. I felt our 2014 team had enough to get to the final 4, but freakin Niang got hurt. That was our best chance since 2000.

We should be proud of our passion for hoops and how we support it- I am convinced that our fan support does not matter to kids as much in making the decision as we would like it to. If venue and fan support mattered, nobody goes to Texas, OU or even UCLA quite frankly.

I think a bigger pitch is ONCE they are here- we love them like we love our own. I know that the testimonials of our seniors the past two years have been quite compelling

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
We should be proud of our passion for hoops and how we support it- I am convinced that our fan support does not matter to kids as much in making the decision as we would like it to. If venue and fan support mattered, nobody goes to Texas, OU or even UCLA quite frankly.

I think a bigger pitch is ONCE they are here- we love them like we love our own. I know that the testimonials of our seniors the past two years have been quite compelling
Agreed. I would think we could offer lots of potential playing time too.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Maybe. Yeah, Bragg has a drug problem and underperform, but imo Self wasn't going to boot Bragg unless he had a better replacement he felt good about landing. It's an easier sell for KU now than before, but Prohm's recruiting our chances obviously weren't contingent on Bragg returning.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Maybe. Yeah, Bragg has a drug problem and underperform, but imo Self wasn't going to boot Bragg unless he had a better replacement he felt good about landing.

Seriously Bragg leaving was the least surprising news on the transfer market and I don't see it having anything to do with Juiston

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

How did "we" think things were going to go?

Reactions: CyTwins

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
Bragg leaving is huge in our chances here. Think about how thin KU was up front as the year went on. Pencil in Azubuike and who else is left? Yes, Kansas always reloads** but Juiston will have experience that Preston doesnt. Couple that with him being at Hutch and I can't get my hopes up too high.