The “We Will” Collective

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I'm fascinated and confused as why we would GAF what Iowa's collective has been named.
It is kind of funny if you Google the swarm collective and this is the first thing that pops up:

SWARMBLACKWEB333.png

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Personally, it's frustrating to think that we are asked to give money to kids that already have it better off (from an education and short-term living environment) than millions of homeless and hungry kids and families, regardless of their family or financial situation.

Jeremy I love you dude so this is nothing personal and no disrespect.

I honestly cannot hear this argument any more on this.

Nobody is saying that the effing NIL collective is more important than actual charitable donations. Those kids and families have existed and will exist forever and I'd be willing to bet most of the people bringing this up don't donate one red cent to helping poor families in their communities.

My hope is that people budget for entertainment and they are willing to part with 10.00/mo or something out of their entertainment budget. That's what this is. Cyclone athletics is for entertainment and fun. It's a hobby. And I'd be willing to bet most people around here spend much more than that on their other hobbies.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Jeremy I love you dude so this is nothing personal and no disrespect.

I honestly cannot hear this argument any more on this.

Nobody is saying that the effing NIL collective is more important than actual charitable donations. Those kids and families have existed and will exist forever and I'd be willing to bet most of the people bringing this up don't donate one red cent to helping poor families in their communities.

My hope is that people budget for entertainment and they are willing to part with 10.00/mo or something out of their entertainment budget. That's what this is. Cyclone athletics is for entertainment and fun. It's a hobby. And I'd be willing to bet most people around here spend much more than that on their other hobbies.

I don’t disagree in any way.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
People need to seriously decide and understand what true NEEDS are. And the things you listed are those items. What a player or person thinks they “need” 99% is not what they actually need to survive. Huge difference and this bigger and better lifestyle we promote in this country warps the hell out of what a true need is.

I can guarantee that you don’t live this way.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I can guarantee that you don’t live this way.
When did I say I did? And you don’t know me in the slightest so drop that BS right now. I do live a very simplistic lifestyle and don’t own a lot of things though. I know what privilege I have and do my best to understand what a true need is and check myself when I start complaining about things in my life. It’s why I dedicate a chunk of time doing volunteer work in many factions of life.

And I have nothing to do with this conversation on what these athletes need that they don’t already have. That’s the point several on here are pointing out to. Nobody “needs” a brand new Ferrari (or whatever Bijan Robinson got). Not saying he hasn’t earned it but he doesn’t NEED it.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
When did I say I did? And you don’t know me in the slightest so drop that BS right now. I do live a very simplistic lifestyle and don’t own a lot of things though. I know what privilege I have and do my best to understand what a true need is and check myself when I start complaining about things in my life. It’s why I dedicate a chunk of time doing volunteer work in many factions of life.

And I have nothing to do with this conversation on what these athletes need that they don’t already have. That’s the point several on here are pointing out to. Nobody “needs” a brand new Ferrari (or whatever Bijan Robinson got). Not saying he hasn’t earned it but he doesn’t NEED it.

When you started your post with “People”… it came off like you are referring to others and not yourself.

You also didn’t state the bolded within your post. That’s not what you were referencing.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
If you truly wish them the best of luck, you would give.

Wishing and doing something are not in the same ballpark.
So not true. There are only so many dollars to give. By giving to the athletic department I maximize my investment as it supports ALL sports as well as coaches, administration, etc. Your comment is just another shame tactic.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
It reminds me of tithing or giving offering at church. How big of a Christian are you, how much do you love God etc
Yeah....I know it's human behavior...but as many have said, no one knows everyone else's situations. Same with "we tailgate for xxxx hours vs you don't get there early.....you are not as good of fan."

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
So not true. There are only so many dollars to give. By giving to the athletic department I maximize my investment as it supports ALL sports as well as coaches, administration, etc. Your comment is just another shame tactic.
Success in football drives total money to the AD, does it not?

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Give $10? If you can't give $10/year because cash is tight then I agree with you.

If u can afford $10/year and don't give then it's not "wishing them all the best." That just means you don't agree with the Collective which is ok.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
it is easy to confuse other collectives with the one at Iowa State. This is what ours says, “The We Will Collective will help our athletes use their NIL to give back to charities and others in need. We believe that NIL should be used to grow the character of athletes and to benefit our communities.”

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclad

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
it is easy to confuse other collectives with the one at Iowa State. This is what ours says, “The We Will Collective will help our athletes use their NIL to give back to charities and others in need. We believe that NIL should be used to grow the character of athletes and to benefit our communities.”

So we pay them to do charity work. Cool.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
It all starts when certain people try to guilt the non-donors into donating. Sorry but these kids get everything taken care of already, if they want to actually use their NIL to go be in a commercial for a business or make money off their youtube channel, etc. (you know they entire premise of NIL) then I'm all for that. But fans giving money to a "Collective" that passes out money is not NIL.

If you want to give your money to the "Collective" go ahead, but don't guilt trip me because I think the entire premise is off of what NIL was meant to be and thus not going to support it.

If you don’t donate then you have no right to complain about results it’s that simple. Now we have an opportunity to directly improve the quality of recruits we get. If you don’t want to help with that, then no room to criticize any outcomes.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If you don’t donate then you have no right to complain about results it’s that simple. Now we have an opportunity to directly improve the quality of recruits we get. If you don’t want to help with that, then no room to criticize any outcomes.

I will structure my life around the internet amateur sports criticism rules that you have handed down.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt and 06_CY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If you truly wish them the best of luck, you would give.

Wishing and doing something are not in the same ballpark.

LOL this is all a bunch of keyboard warrioring no one is changing anyone's mind on this subject except maybe Blum when he is talking to people one on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.