Tyrese Haliburton Draft Stock Still on the Rise

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Just listening to the latest Bill Simmons Podcast and at the 50 min mark Simmons just named Haliburton as his guy in the draft. BS and Tjarks go on 10 minute gushing assessement. The stock continues to rise....

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
No offense to him personally but I hope his stock drops so he can fall to the Spurs at 11.

He's not going 1-2, so I don't want him to go 3-10 because those teams ALWAYS suck. Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Atlanta, Detriot, NYK, Washington, Phx? Gross.

Would love to see someone like Dallas find a way to trade up from 18 for TH.

Reactions: Peter

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
No offense to him personally but I hope his stock drops so he can fall to the Spurs at 11.

He's not going 1-2, so I don't want him to go 3-10 because those teams ALWAYS suck. Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Atlanta, Detriot, NYK, Washington, Phx? Gross.

Last year 4th overall pick DeAndre Hunter got over $14,000,000 for 2 years. 11th pick Cameron Johnson was just over $8,000,000. There is also team options for the 3rd and 4th years that make the gap even larger.

Edit: Fixed to show Hunter was 4th pick and not 3rd

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

I want Tyrese to go to a good franchise too but things change fast in the NBA. Pop may be leaving this year and who knows if the Spurs will be good moving forward.
I really like the fit in Atlanta, young team and he'd be a perfect compliment for Young. Plus going 6 he won't have the pressure of top 3 pick expectations.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Last year 3rd overall pick DeAndre Hunter got over $14,000,000 for 2 years. 11th pick Cameron Johnson was just over $8,000,000. There is also team options for the 3rd and 4th years that make the gap even larger.
RJ Barrett went third last year but I get your point.

The NBA is all about that second contract and longevity. Having success on a good team to set up a second contract will be better than having no success on a bad team and that team cycling you out.

• Agree
Reactions: Pat

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I want Tyrese to go to a good franchise too but things change fast in the NBA. Pop may be leaving this year and who knows if the Spurs will be good moving forward.
I really like the fit in Atlanta, young team and he'd be a perfect compliment for Young. Plus going 6 he won't have the pressure of top 3 pick expectations.
I think that Pop to the Nets rumor is coming out from the Nets, not from Pop. NBA coaches can't jump ship like college coaches can. I think he'll be in SA until he retires.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I think that Pop to the Nets rumor is coming out from the Nets, not from Pop. NBA coaches can't jump ship like college coaches can. I think he'll be in SA until he retires.
ummmm. Doc Rivers?

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Upgraded to Brad Stevens. The Spurs literally cannot upgrade from Pop.
Also, Doc didn't just jump ship, the Clippers had to give the Celtics an unprotected first round pick.
I am just saying that it happens. Doc Rivers was traded to a different team. Same could happen with Pop. They know they don't have a ton of time left in him anyway. Why not jump to the next coach?

Pat

Oct 20, 2011

Wait, Pop to the Nets? Has anyone credible floated that? I wouldn’t be surprised if he retired, but I can’t see him leaving San Antonio for any other reason.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Wait, Pop to the Nets? Has anyone credible floated that? I wouldn’t be surprised if he retired, but I can’t see him leaving San Antonio for any other reason.
Shams is probably the second biggest insider the NBA has, second to Woj...

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Totally agree... but he's retiring soon. Lot of speculation he was going to after coaching the Olympics this year. It got moved back so guess he's back but still will be soon.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Shams is probably the second biggest insider the NBA has, second to Woj...

I totally missed that one. That’s a weird leak: if I were a GM, I’d have interest in Pop, too, but that doesn’t mean there’s any reciprocity.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I totally missed that one. That’s a weird leak: if I were a GM, I’d have interest in Pop, too, but that doesn’t mean there’s any reciprocity.
The Nets leaking Pop is similar to the 76ers leaking Jay Wright and others leaking Juwan Howard. Just floating stuff out to see if they can get some traction back.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron