**** WBB: Game Thread - Cyclones host #4 Iowa Wednesday 6:00 pm ESPN2 ****

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
No, ,I am not a Bill apologist.
The rate at which you "dumb" posts with even benign criticism, such as discussion of tonight's fourth quarter strategy, says otherwise. I'm willing to wager there's NOBODY in this thread tonight who doesn't want the ISU women to do well, so there's no need for you to be so confrontational. Take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard once in awhile.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Wait the dude with the mullet, hat and tats? Saw him in the restroom at halftime. Dude was the stereotypical hawk fan. The skinny version of Hawkeye on my belly guy.
Yep, that’s the guy. Dude was wearing a #30 CMac jersey.

Here’s who I thought he looked like:
1701924691780.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GotHops32

ErnieD

Jan 15, 2018
We have some talented young players.

When will the WBB NIL/Portal thread start?
Agree that we have a young team that only can get better if they learn from games like tonight. I just wish that the coaches would have stayed with the plan for last 4-5 minutes. I agree with earlier comment of too much 1 on 1 when we don't have a Ashley Joens type of player. Agree that we need to continue to reward these girls by getting to as many games as can. They will get better and yet may need to have a few more learning experiences.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Some of the comments here are REALLY stupid. We have five freshman playing the bulk of our minutes and we have NO point guard. Keeping it this close and having the lead as late as we did is something I didn't see coming. Come crunchtime it was Iowa seniors making plays over ISU freshman playing in only their 8th college game.
You nailed that on the head.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
I was very encouraged last night to be honest.

Clark played well, so when that happens, you kind of hope for the best at that point. Everyone on Iowa's team played well with the exception of Marshall. She is in a funk.
Iowa is for sure a sweet 16 team with a lot of experience and we have a brand new roster, including a bunch of true freshman. We could have used a veteran on the floor last night.

the only thing I didn't really care for is
1. rebounding. we need to become more physical. a few times Iowa just took the ball from us. Probably due to us being so young.

2. I swear there were 4-5 times we had someone try to Back down the post Iowa player starting at the 15' mark. Unless something changed, I didn't realize that was something we did. Then, we would force a shot of some sort.

Hopefully, they continue to get better.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I thought we had a significant size advantage at the 3 and the 4 last night. I liked the idea of us posting Brown up on the smaller Iowa defenders late in the game, but I wish the coaching staff would have fed her in the low post rather than have her try to back the defender down. I think Brown can be a real problem for teams with her skill level and size. Crooks is a beast in the making. These freshman have the chance to be special. I thought Jackson played her best game last night.

I also think Hannah Belanger has been an unsung hero this season. She has been our primary point guard often and I am sure that was not the role she planned to play this year. She has been really good. Losing Ryan could have been a disaster, but Hannah has really stepped up. I hope she gets to play off the ball more as the season progresses and we get to see more of those 3 pointers she was known for.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Exactly.. M. Cinzano was a huge key. We will see but they lost a lot with her graduation.
Iowa has no post presence.

Goodman, O'Grady, and Stuelke combined for 7 points last night. They have been able to hide this against lesser competition. However, against KSU x 2, VT, and ISU their posts have scored 47 points total.

Czinano averaged just under 20ppg last year, and this year, they are lucky to get 20 points from three post players. The lack of good post play may be a problem for them come tourney time.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Is she just allowed to act like this every game? This is outrageous.
She acted like this in high school. Nothing has changed she is still the sweary whiny nightmare she was there but they are letting her get away with it every game in college.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Was not at the game last night, nor did I watch it. I'm going off of what I have been reading from all of you, plus a few friends that live in Iowa. Here is my 2 cents:
  • Sounds like our young ISU women played very well and appear to have a good future.
  • Crooks is becoming a fan favorite and is repping ISU well.
  • Clark comes off as a whiner that expects everything to go her way. Not much of a team player.
  • I truly feel for everyone that lives in Iowa that has to put up with the constant media attention and boot licking that Clark gets. You have my sympathy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron