**** WBB: ISU vs #4 Baylor Saturday 12 pm ESPN+ GAME THREAD ****

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Precocious doesn't begin to describe this freshman class! Addy Brown isn't fazed by anything. Audi Crooks stares at the 6'7 defender brought in specifically to intimidate and goes right thru her. Kelsey Joens making plays all over the court and playing fine help defense. Bristow had two blocked shots on the same series! AJ didn't have her best game but CBF trusted her when it counted and had her in at the end.

Good for CBF - he could have gone ballistic on those two atrocious non-calls but set a great example for his team and simply hand-signaled "SIX" to the male official.

Lastly, Hannah Belanger is the glue - she's out there doing everything this team needs, including great help defense. I was a huge Lexi fan, but I'm now convinced we're a better team with Hannah.

This is freaking amazing - Go State!
Well said. Crazy how the chemistry and culture seems so much better this year than last year with a bunch of veteran players. Crooks and Brown are a huge part of that. These ladies are just having fun. Last years team never seemed that way. Like there was too much pressure.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Pardon my ignorance here, as I haven’t been a huge fan of women’s basketball until lately, as both my 6 and 4 year old little girls love watching, but is this one of Fennellys most exciting and underrated teams? Has to be close imo
I've been a season ticket holder since year two of Coach Fen's time here. The funnest teams previously were the ones with Welle, Gahan, Taylor, and Frese. They played like a well oiled machine and really enjoyed each other. This team reminds me a great deal of them. We have a dominating post player. We have three point shooting aces. We have junk yard defenders. Joens reminds me of Taylor the way she hunts down the ball. So you aren't off the mark at all. This is a VERY fun TEAM to watch.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
That was a make-up call. Baylor coaches were really on the refs during a time out about Audi or Isnelle camping in the lane.
Hmmm... that's not how make up calls work. They needed to make up for two 3 pointers after obvious missed calls first. FIFO MFer.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
We will have the awesome Molly Parrott. Will be nice to have her paired with someone other than who she has been working with for these games. Hopefully John won't go too overboard trying to show he is also a big WBB fan. Sort of did some of that the last time I heard him do a WBB game. Still, of course, he'll be pretty good.
Molly Parrott and John Walters were outstanding - they provided us with a great call of a great game!

CyberCy79

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
Omaha
Bill on the radio told the players before the game to give great effort to reward the fans that made it out. Credits the fans for the win.

Said Kelsey Joens had the best 1 for 5 ever. Pulled a couple rebounds out of a crowd of 5 green jerseys.

On Addy is hard on herself when she makes a bad play, but she just keeps playing. Tough kid that came to us that way.

Need to be getting back to the routine of school.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Fritz hugged all of the coaching staff, Diew, & Dawkins, that I saw. I didn't see her interaction with Emily or MK. She did have tears as she was walking off the court.
I watched specifically after the game. She hugged all the coaches, Bill the longest. She did hug Em, Ny and Dawkins and then she was very emotional walking off the court. Was really shocked to see her so overcome. Not sure if leaving was the best choice. Maybe she isn't doing well there.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Molly Parrott and John Walters were outstanding - they provided us with a great call of a great game!

They were great today. Neither of them get hung up "cheering" for ISU on their calls. They are pros. They get the flow of the game and call things from an ISU perspective but while maintaining a good deal of objectivity on pretty much everything. Loved it.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Wondered the same thing. It wasn't even a hot take. It was a dumb take.
I definitely disagree they’re more exciting and I think winning is exciting. I just dont watch much WBB. I’m very excited about what they’re doing and yes I’m excited about the team but I’ve never been to a women’s game. Congratulations to the ladies on an amazing win, they’re doing an awesome job !

OldCurmudgeon

Nov 25, 2017
Hmmm... that's not how make up calls work. They needed to make up for two 3 pointers after obvious missed calls first. FIFO MFer.
What can I tell ya? It happened immediately after a time out where Baylor's coaches were uptight about it. During the play they were ******** about, they were yelling 'Three seconds!'

caulkasian

Dec 26, 2018
When does the
Uh, the rules state quite plainly, "unless the home team is Iowa State." Nothing can overcome the rulebook.
The new era of AI assisted officiating should allow ISU to hard code a backdoor lol

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron