**** WBB: ISU vs #4 Baylor Saturday 12 pm ESPN+ GAME THREAD ****

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
When does the

The new era of AI assisted officiating should allow ISU to hard code a backdoor lol
It's going to make it so much harder to be a fan. We'll have to grab a small group of people to drive to a boring looking building someplace with a cambucha bar to yell through the window at a small group of programmers. It's gonna get expensive!

• Haha
Reactions: acoustimac

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
After the game I was talking to Gary Thompson and the first thing he said was "worst set of officials he seen". The sad part these same officials have been very good in the past, must have been the weather!

Reactions: caulkasian

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It has to be tough for Fritz to watch all our freshman playing all these minutes…. while she gets 6 minutes, and that’s actually more than she usually gets.

They probably promised her a bunch of minutes there, and are screwing her over.

• Friendly
Reactions: StClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It has to be tough for Fritz to watch all our freshman playing all these minutes…. while she gets 6 minutes, and that’s actually more than she usually gets.

They probably promised her a bunch of minutes there, and are screwing her over.
Watched the post game handshakes, she got her fair share of hugs must not be too many hard feelings. Of course it's better when we win.

Reactions: cyclone13

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I'm glad the traveling 3 pointer didn't beat us. Roads were ok going down, decided to stay for the men, grabbed a room will drive home tomorrow.
Sorry I didn't get to see you this year. I had full intentions to be there. But with the horrible forecasts I kept seeing and my 4wd Silverado setting in the shop for 3 months now waiting for a factory recall transmission I just chickened out. Great 4th quarter by the Clones. I texted Acoustimac and told him "we should have been there". He shot back "It would have been crazy fun". Hopefully you can make a few days at the Big 12 Tourney this year.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Sorry I didn't get to see you this year. I had full intentions to be there. But with the horrible forecasts I kept seeing and my 4wd Silverado setting in the shop for 3 months now waiting for a factory recall transmission I just chickened out. Great 4th quarter by the Clones. I texted Acoustimac and told him "we should have been there". He shot back "It would have been crazy fun". Hopefully you can make a few days at the Big 12 Tourney this year.
We all def need to get together in KC! Mike and are all set to be there.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I definitely disagree they’re more exciting and I think winning is exciting. I just dont watch much WBB. I’m very excited about what they’re doing and yes I’m excited about the team but I’ve never been to a women’s game. Congratulations to the ladies on an amazing win, they’re doing an awesome job !

I guess it's a matter of opinion. My opinion is that WBB is pretty boring to watch compared to mens. I still watch some of the women's games though. I watched today and it was a good game. To say that it is more exciting than the men's game just seems silly to me. Even if they truly believe that, why even bring it up?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I guess it's a matter of opinion. My opinion is that WBB is pretty boring to watch compared to mens. I still watch some of the women's games though. I watched today and it was a good game. To say that it is more exciting than the men's game just seems silly to me. Even if they truly believe that, why even bring it up?
Well, you are posting in a wbb forum/thread, so …

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Not sure, I wasn’t the one who did. I just pointed out that I’m excited for the women’s team to be winning games when they had little expectation. I’m happy for both plain and simple

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
It's going to make it so much harder to be a fan. We'll have to grab a small group of people to drive to a boring looking building someplace with a cambucha bar to yell through the window at a small group of programmers. It's gonna get expensive!
This post threw me as I think "cambucha" was some edible when it was meant as kombucha.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Eventually I’ll take my daughter I’m sure
Depending on how far away you are the junior Clone club is a bargain for families. Wbb, gymnastics, maybe wrestling and select mbb and fb games I believe for not much money plus some cyclone swag.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
You chose wisely my friend, conditions deteriorated after the game. It was nephew and nieces weekend only had 5 of 13 show but we had fun did Hickory Park afterwards one of the pregnant ones wanted to go somewhere with fries:):).

I'm not sure how these young ladies keep winning but they have been a lot of fun to watch, it's like they grow every game. Hell I wouldn't be afraid of a rematch with queen Caitlyn in the tourney.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
After the game I was talking to Gary Thompson and the first thing he said was "worst set of officials he seen". The sad part these same officials have been very good in the past, must have been the weather!

Roy has never been good. And one bad one can bring down the other two.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Transfers are a reality but Baylor's situation was also hugely impacted by a coaching change of seismic proportions.

@geewago is probably lurking. A big chunk of our fan base hates everyone from the other teams fan bases so maybe he doesn't post as much now? Which is too bad because he's a WBB fan overall, follows and knows WAY more about the other Big 12 teams than anyone here.

Except maybe you, you do a much better job of being well rounded then me. I'm Cyclonecentric.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Bill was rightfully pissed at that missed double dribble and let all three refs individually have it. But he did it right to the edge of getting a T. And now he’s back to the game. Handled really well there. Come on ladies you deserve this win, but it’s going to take that late-game toughness to do it.

I was stunned he didn't get a T, I'm really grateful he didn't we needed every point today.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98