**** WBB: ISU vs #4 Baylor Saturday 12 pm ESPN+ GAME THREAD ****

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
Clone WBB on a crazy Train of winning

Now watching Texas vs KSU.

Post-game Fritz was hugging coaches and players so it was not a bad return. However, when Natabou tries to approach Fritz, she runs off and seems overcome with emotion and ignores Isnelle.
Haven't read the whole thread yet but she also bumped shoulders with AJ in line.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
I was stunned he didn't get a T, I'm really grateful he didn't we needed every point today.
I think he knew he had a freebie to go off a bit since the refs knew they'd f***ed up so egregiously, twice, at that point.
Wonder if this was due to something in the game. Since they weren't teammates last year.
The rumor I've heard on last year was some of the team wasn't super-happy about Ash coming back for another year. I won't speculate on why, but maybe there was some drama/resentment stemming from that?

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
I think he knew he had a freebie to go off a bit since the refs knew they'd f***eId up so egregiously, twice, at that point.

The rumor I've heard on last year was some of the team wasn't super-happy about Ash coming back for another year. I won't speculate on why, but maybe there was some drama/resentment stemming from that?
I don't know if I agree with this because once Ashley decided to return, they could have left after that. They all seemed to get along well. I will say I also heard that one of the reasons Aubrey left was her minutes would go way down with Fritz coming back from injury. Little did she know, she could have stuck that out one more year. But I am also of the opinion that Aubrey wanted to leave to spread her wings and have her own identity. JMO

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I wonder how much of it was what Baylor offered, being back in the south or how much of it was she saw the freshman coming?

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
you were close!
I have done well predicting upsets, margins and final scores for the WVU and Baylor games. My comments are on page one of both game threads - I should have opened an on-line gambling account as I'm on fire! The young women have won me over and I believe!

On the flip side, my prediction of 17 regular season wins, made prior to the beginning of the conference schedule, is now looking suspect. As I'm superstitious, I'll say nothing more at this point and hope the board has the opportunity to poke fun at me for my initial doubt. Go State!

Reactions: acoustimac

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
I wonder how much of it was what Baylor offered, being back in the south or how much of it was she saw the freshman coming?
Fritz would probably be the third-best player at best on a hypothetical no-transfers 2023-24 ISU team (behind Ryan and Donarski). Certainly no higher than that at Baylor either. What are players like that commanding in "NIL" these days?

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
Fritz would probably be the third-best player at best on a hypothetical no-transfers 2023-24 ISU team (behind Ryan and Donarski). Certainly no higher than that at Baylor either. What are players like that commanding in "NIL" these days?
I am at the gym coach Schaben teaches at and she said that Ashley made about 30k last year. I doubt Fritz got an NIL offer; it was probably that she didn't feel like she was a fit here anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
I am at the gym coach Schaben teaches at and she said that Ashley made about 30k last year. I doubt Fritz got an NIL offer; it was probably that she didn't feel like she was a fit here anymore.
just a curious question beside kum nd go where else did Ashley have nil income

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
She's downright proud to drive a Stiver's Audi
I know she's got some type of deal with Kemna's out of Algona she has done some elementary/middle school stuff basketball days(?) for them.