SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
so a dinkytown membership includes

View attachment 122395

compared to WeWIll

View attachment 122396
The "gaming with players" perk is a really cool idea. Not to mention it's one of the few interactive benefits that can appeal folks outside of Iowa.

As an aside, @brentblum, we've been club members for over a year and we're still waiting on our We Will decal, exclusive clothing item, and any of the quarterly raffles we've won. ;)

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
The "gaming with players" perk is a really cool idea. Not to mention it's one of the few interactive benefits that can appeal folks outside of Iowa.

As an aside, @brentblum, we've been club members for over a year and we're still waiting on our We Will decal, exclusive clothing item, and any of the quarterly raffles we've won. ;)
Shoot me a note at [email protected] and I can get this squared away. Thanks!

Reactions: Cyclonsin

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Maybe that was the issue last year. Dekkers misread it and thought it was gambling with players?

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Shoot me a note at [email protected] and I can get this squared away. Thanks!
Also, I saw the numbers of collective reoccurring members even compared to Iowa. What suggestions do you have for us as members to bring on more that might actually be effective? Honestly I’d love to take my dad and others to the scheduled events but not always easy especially if they’re a little more casual

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Also, I saw the numbers of collective reoccurring members even compared to Iowa. What suggestions do you have for us as members to bring on more that might actually be effective? Honestly I’d love to take my dad and others to the scheduled events but not always easy especially if they’re a little more casual
More than anything it's sharing that folks' $10 or $25 a month really does add up and it is important during this time. I'd also share that this won't last forever, but participating in this way is very helpful to keep Iowa State afloat in the meantime. Nobody loves it, but it's a small way every Cyclone can help.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

They are around 2,700 monthly donors.

We are around 1,000. We did well with our match campaign but really need to increase our monthly numbers.

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
Brent was in the Fareway store today in Johnston today and asked about the We Will pizza and the manager said that corporate had a meeting and probably arenot going to bring it indue to space. Told him I will just have to go to Ankeny and buy it. this fwiw

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Brent was in the Fareway store today in Johnston today and asked about the We Will pizza and the manager said that corporate had a meeting and probably arenot going to bring it indue to space. Told him I will just have to go to Ankeny and buy it. this fwiw
That’s too bad. I was at the Fareway in Bondurant a couple weeks ago and saw they had the Swarm beer but couldn’t find Ames Lager. I understand there is only so much room in the store, but it would be nice to get a little more consideration from Fareway.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Did anyone get to attend this? I had to work.

Yes. The place was packed. Seemed like the whole WBB team was there, albeit without coaches. Great environment. Lots of families with kids. CF celebrities in attendance (Brent, Steph, Alisa). The players circulated, signed posters and autograph cards, posed for photos, and talked with everyone who wanted to. Several of them, including Audi Crooks and Alisa Williams, led the Juicy Wiggle dance. Brent mentioned that a player's parents came and were really impressed with the ISU fans. The crowd was having a good time, but also reacting to every play by the MBB on the TVs.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
One more observation. I've never seen a player who is better with kids than Nyamer Diew. She just seems to love them and they love her. There was constantly a kid who wanted to be with her.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Yes. The place was packed. Seemed like the whole WBB team was there, albeit without coaches. Great environment. Lots of families with kids. CF celebrities in attendance (Brent, Steph, Alisa). The players circulated, signed posters and autograph cards, posed for photos, and talked with everyone who wanted to. Several of them, including Audi Crooks and Alisa Williams, led the Juicy Wiggle dance. Brent mentioned that a player's parents came and were really impressed with the ISU fans. The crowd was having a good time, but also reacting to every play by the MBB on the TVs.
Thank you Cycsk for going above and beyond as always at these events! Lucky to have you as a Cyclone.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Forgot to mention Jamie Steyer Johnson being there too. First time I've ever been able to talk to her. What a privilege! Thanks for making it possible for us fans to have such a cool opportunity instead of just griping about the WBB game being cancelled.

P.S. We all know who really deserves thanks for the event. The Krystal Blum.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron