We Will Collective contributor numbers

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
Honestly, I still think the best way to get these numbers up is to get buckets for donations to the games. I seem to remember some football games where a non-profit was collecting donations in a bucket. Might have been Shriners or Variety Club, maybe with yellow and red aprons. Testing my memory, for sure. In any case, are we afraid of the line getting blurred for something like this? Who wouldn't have thrown a fiver in after KU or Houston? Add a Venmo QR code for the younger crowd - just don't put it right above the the urinals like some of the stickers that are already there. What a weird place for a QR Code. They are low enough that it causes concern for the picture taker and those around him. I digress...

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Lol the Jonathan Swanson "Alrighty Then" campaign has already raised $500 this morning just based off twitter receipts
Crap I donated $50 and forgot the alrighty then part lol

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Honestly, I still think the best way to get these numbers up is to get buckets for donations to the games. I seem to remember some football games where a non-profit was collecting donations in a bucket. Might have been Shriners or Variety Club, maybe with yellow and red aprons. Testing my memory, for sure. In any case, are we afraid of the line getting blurred for something like this? Who wouldn't have thrown a fiver in after KU or Houston? Add a Venmo QR code for the younger crowd - just don't put it right above the the urinals like some of the stickers that are already there. What a weird place for a QR Code. They are low enough that it causes concern for the picture taker and those around him. I digress...
Ongoing conversation about what is allowed and what isn't allowed. But we've certainly discussed being more present on game days in some capacity. Thanks for your feedback!

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
50/50 raffle
im sure there is a multitude of iowa gaming commission red tape setting up something like that however

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
50/50 raffle
im sure there is a multitude of iowa gaming commission red tape setting up something like that however
I just came from a Des Moines or surrounding area school with a poster with the booster club advertising 50/50 raffles for a chance to make a half court shot or something similar. Seems navigable. I like the idea, but I’m sure there are pitfalls like you mentioned.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Just out of random curiousity, how much did the live auction items like "throw with Rocco" , Utah flight, or the Purdy helmet go for?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron