Matt Campbell Watch

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I don't know whether a person knows berth from birth. Or breaks from brakes. That's why when I very rarely do comment I try to do it in a nonjudgmental way.

If I make that type of mistake I'd rather learn about it. That's just me.

Like they say, it's a message board. If you truly don't care if you make a mistake, just ignore it if someone points it out.

My thinking is, it's possible to both catch up on sports info AND learn something.
My biggest pet peeve is lose and loose. My brother has a masters degree and still doesn't know the difference. Example: (during the Baylor game)... If Purdy doesn't stop throwing picks, ISU is going to loose.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
My biggest pet peeve is lose and loose. My brother has a masters degree and still doesn't know the difference. Example: (during the Baylor game)... If Purdy doesn't stop throwing picks, ISU is going to loose.
If you're too loose with your Os you have 2. If one goes away you lose.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The one(s) that really bother me are would of/should of/ could of . I mean it doesn't even make any sense.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
Regarding grammar, I am less concerned about spelling (although I would prefer it to be correct versus incorrect) than I am about punctuation. The run on sentences, or phrases with absolutely no commas or periods can change the meaning of a sentence very quickly. It can also cause me to have to look more closely to de-cypher the meaning. Even so, I learn so much hear (here!) that it is worth being tolerant of a few mistakes. I have fat-finger syndrome all too often, and I am sure that others suffer from like maladies.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
How about "him and I" or "I seen?" These two examples make me nuts when I hear them spoken. We all make mistakes, but these seem particularly outrageous.

Let's get back on track. Campbell is not going to Michigan. Shocker. Hahaha.

Reactions: VeloClone

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
I'm convinced crap news media just need material to talk about and potential coach changes are something.

Pro Football Network with the title Matt Campbell Making Jump to NFL 2021 talks about his long history with the NFL. By history they claim the patriots called him to be a position coach and jets called him to be head coach, both positions he turned down and stayed with college ball. They then talk about how its less than 5% and maybe less that 1% chance he would take a head coach job with the jets. Then talk about why the jets wouldn't want him anyway. Talk about less than useless garbage.

Caution: you do not want to waste your time reading. Provided link for source only.

Reactions: aauummm

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Who knows anymore what's true and not. While initial thought is "yuck" I also trust CMC knows and is measured with what he does (knowing this info will be known, could leverage for a contract here, etc). Or, sometimes if true, helps affirm why you like current job.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
Who knows anymore what's true and not. While initial thought is "yuck" I also trust CMC knows and is measured with what he does (knowing this info will be known, could leverage for a contract here, etc). Or, sometimes if true, helps affirm why you like current job.

Campbell doesn't strike me as a guy who would use an interview for leverage, so either this is false or he's gone (for this or another job)...

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020

If it’s any consolation, I can’t think of a reporter who is more wrong most of the time than Jason La Canfora.

*knock on wood*

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Campbell doesn't strike me as a guy who would use an interview for leverage, so either this is false or he's gone (for this or another job)...

He already has more leverage than he needs to get as much as he wants from us.

Our AD talks publicly about "giving him anything he wants."

LSGOST8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2011
Ames
He's not going to the Jets. And he's definitely not going before he fields he best ever team. This is just fodder.
I agree. Keep in mind he's a leadership guy. I see this as a chance for him to talk to an NFL organization and learn a little about what makes them tick, what those front office people look for and value, and something to sock away for down the road if and when he decides the NFL is something he wants to pursue. I'm curious how often an NFL team has ever interviewed or met with someone that doesn't have an agent.

Reactions: cyclonedave25

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
Stick around this year, Matt. You’re returning most of your starters. I get it after next year when a lot of these guys leave.

And pls not the Jets, for the love of God.